“Sand-proofing?”

BriaN

I very much apologize for not being active, and I also apologize if this is already a thread, but it is just a simple question, what makes an ECX Amp, or any RC sand proof? I would like to run it on sand at the beach, because I have seen numerous videos of runs at the beach. But I’ve also seen many threads talking about their motor rusting. Thank you guys!

No way to “proof” it. The solution is good cleaning after. Wash everything out and re oil all bearings. And even with that, expect to wear out bearings and motors faster than normal.

I'm planning on taking my on vacation to the beach in 2 weeks. Was wondering about the bearings also. Anyone have ideas on a cheap set of paddle tires and ri.s that will fit? Amp MT

No way to “proof” it. The solution is good cleaning after. Wash everything out and re oil all bearings. And even with that, expect to wear out bearings and motors faster than normal.
Okay I was thinking about that, but would I just wash the whole thing out with plain water? Or do I need other stuff? And what lube would be best for the bearings? Thanks

Beach sand is very fine and there will be salt particles left behind also. Personally, I would NEVER take one of my “good” trucks to play at the beach (any sand for that matter). Good thing I also have a beater.

As for washing your truck, make sure your electronics stay dry - even the ones that are claimed to be waterproof. For the motor you can use contact cleaner in the motor and then 2 or 3 drops of 3-in-1 oil will do the trick.

Last edited:
Beach sand is very fine and there will be salt particles left behind also. Personally, I would NEVER take one of my “good” trucks to play at the beach (any sand for that matter). Good thing I also have a beater.

As for washing your truck, make sure your electronics stay dry - even the ones that are claimed to be waterproof. For the motor you can use contact cleaner in the motor and then 2 or 3 drops of 3-in-1 oil will do the trick.
Okay that is a lot of help. A while ago in the summer, I used one of my small RCs on the baseball court at the park. And sand got everywhere in the motor, and the gears.

I would venture to say that you may want to try the chassis net, or a plain ole nylon stocking, that you borrowed from your significant other.
That will keep the larger stuff out, but not the fine dust.
I Liken it to the 4 wheelers and side by sides that run the dunes, those guy's do a lot of preventative maintenance.
Now nothing says you have to, but if you want it to last very long, I would.
And again, it's not like you are ONLY running it in the sand.

I have both the MT and DB.. the DB keeps much more dirt and sand out. I use a chip brush from the dollar store to brush as much as I can out of the chassis.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back