1/10 Ruckus 2WD Driveshafts

Spar69!

Running 3S LiPo in my 2WD Ruckus and looking for some bulletproof drive shafts...the stock ones don't stand a chance

Does anyone know if Traxxas Rustler/Stampede drive shafts will work?
Oh sure they will work, they won't work much better though, the Ecx ones are stronger than the Rustler/Stampede axles. The Stampede 4x4 axles are about on par with the Ecx ones except they have better stub axles.

From left to right - Stampede 4x4, Stampede 2wd and Ecx. It is a little hard to tell in the picture but the Stampede 4x4 and Ecx drive shafts have bigger holes for the bigger u joints, that can be seen in the bottom picture, and have more plastic in the u joint area.

MffIEhp.jpg

I do not have that part for the Ecx so it is just the Stampede 4x4 and Stampede 2wd.

1puWlBn.jpg

Again from left to right - Stampede 4x4, Stampede 2wd and Ecx.

bXfh6LI.jpg

The stub axles are also different between the 3 models, the plastic part where the u joint goes is similar in design to the top pic with the Stampede 2wd having less plastic. The metal part of the Stampede 4x4 and Stampede 2wd are a 5mm shaft to the threads then the threads are M4. The Ecx metal part is 5mm then steps down to 4mm for about 5-6mm then goes to a M4 thread, these shafts tend to snap off where it steps down to 4mm. Unfortunately I do not have any of the Ecx and Stampede 2wd stub axles and the Stampede 4wd stub axles are currently installed on a vehicle so no pictures of those sorry.

The best option I have found are the MIP for the rear of the Stampede 4x4. These are about $45-50 on eBay.
Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
Here's a comparison shot between the two and I can't say one is better than the other but the traxxas plastic just seems like it might be better. Just installed one on a Circiut so time will tell. ECX HD and Slash 4X4 rears TRA6852X

IMG_20180530_222229.jpg

Hopefully my response is not too late. I put on the MIP 11109 Rear X-Duty CVD Traxxas Stampede 4 x 4. I ran mostly 3s and they lasted for more than 2.5 years. I finally broke one after running it on 4s for a few months. And just to add to the tresses, if you look at my pick, you will see that I run quite heavy 1/8th truggy wheels.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back