1/10 Ruckus 4WD - How to pair and another problem

macalloy

I have two problems with my son's new Rukus.

First day: connected accu pack, turned on rc and car: steering was working perfect but motor did nothing.
Accu charged to less? Connected to charger...

Second day: new try. same as on day before. tried it several times this day. I do not know why but it started working somewhen... My son had his first drive :)

Third day: Accus were recharged. Same problem as on first day.

Fourth day: It is working again :) Went to the forest and we had our first real drive :)
When we switched to the second Accu same problem as every day. I thought I pressed the small hold-to-run button beside the on/off switch: I got it working again. Perfect day!

Fifth day: Again not working. Tested the trick with hold-to-run button again. But without success. Maybe I did something different the day before.
Now the nightmare starts :) I unpaired RC and car somehow...

So I have two problems: How to pair the stuff and what are we doing wrong with our motor?

Page 5 of that manual shows the bind port on the receiver. You probably want to go through that manual.

I already read the manual. It is more or less the same as I have here. But I do not know how this jumper looks like. It is missing...
Do I have to connect pin1 + pin2, pin2 + pin3, pin1 + pin3, pin1+pin2+pin3 ?

Thanks! Paired again.

I had to turn on the car by additionally pressing the hold-to-run button. Then "car" started beeping.
Then I turned on RC in pairing-mode. After no flashing light I had to press on car the hold-to-run button again.
Different procedure than described...

Steering is now working. But the engine is not - again...

Sounds like either a faulty esc, motor, or receiver. I know it doesn't help much, but can't troubleshoot without a multimeter or spare known working parts.

I am a step further.
Steering and move forward is working. But not backward.

Maybe I am still doing something wrong during pairing.
My son is the driver - not me :)

What does this mean:

1. Pull the transmitter trigger to Full Throttle.

2. Push the transmitter trigger to Full brake, then return the trigger to center.

First means pull trigger.
    What does push to "full brake" mean?

And do I have to fully pull and fully push without stopping on center position?
    Center position is the last step?

1. Pull the trigger as far as it goes. As if you were shooting a gun....squeeze it.

2. Full brake would be reverse. Push that trigger forward as far as it goes (not all cars have a reverse just a stop, racing requires no reverse only brakes). Then bring trigger back to center and take your finger out, remove it off the trigger.

I can live without a reverse gear (at the moment) - hopefully also my son :)
In any case there is currently more working than before. Each time both engine and steering are working - perfect! Tomorrow we use day for driving :)
Thank you very much!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back