1/10 Ruckus 4WD Upgrades and Issues

MfamRC

Just want to say we were sold on the ECX's when we purchased an 1:18 Ruckus for our 8 year old daughter after she destroyed her Redcat after a month. It was so durable we got one for our 3 1/2 year old daughter too. I can't believe these little guys! They are awesome! Hubby and I sneak outside with them and bash with them when the girls aren't looking :)
Then we got to wondering about the durability of the 1:10. (We run Losi, Arrma, and have given up on Traxxas and Redcat.) I conned my hubby into letting me buy another truck (he said only if he is getting the new Losi in Oct... LOL). I bought a brushed 1/10 Ruckus with a Kinexsis 4000kv brushless kit and a LiPo. I ran it once on the brushed and NiMH and that same night, my hubby beat me to putting in the new brushless motor set up.
One complaint I have is the steering wobbles all over while reversing and it does not turn as sharp going forward as I would like. WTF is going on? Are you finding the servo is underpowered or should I get a Servo Saver Eliminator? Which one will work?
2nd complaint is I am having trouble finding parts. The only parts I can find say 2wd. Am I the only person out there with a 4wd? LOL Will 2wd parts work on 4wd? If not, which ones will work?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

No you're not the only one with a 4wd lol... But, their doesn't seem to be as many parts for the 4wd as the 2wd when it comes to the steering. I own a 2wd Ruckus personally and I can find a bunch of RPM parts that will fix some of those issues (like the servo saver eliminator). I haven't looked at a 4wd that close to see how its steering assembly is setup so I can't say if the RPM servo saver eliminator will work on it or not.

As far as yours not turning as sharp as you'd like, you might want to replace the stock steering servo with something with a little more strength. I upgraded years ago to a Hitec Waterproof servo, but that's the only selling feature on it for me lol. It does however, turn pretty sharp; I had to adjust the steering sensitivity on my controller, not sure if that's a feature on the stock radio (I think its called steering expo).

This part might help for the wobble when backing up. Mine does that too but it doesn't bother me too much. It doesn't wobble all the time when backing up but I do plan on changing out the steering assembly eventually.

https://www.rcplanet.com/radio-syst...MIzt3637bB1gIVy0sNCh0f9Ar6EAkYCiABEgLpJfD_BwE

Other than that, the only parts I've found for the 4wd are the ECX branded aluminum ones. There are shocks that are non-ECX branded that will work but you have to figure out which ones. I wish I could be of more help but I don't look for 4wd Ruckus parts too much. I can however, try to help you figure out solutions =)

I haven't looked at a 4wd that close to see how its steering assembly is setup so I can't say if the RPM servo saver eliminator will work on it or not.
Darn. I will have to do more research.

As far as yours not turning as sharp as you'd like, you might want to replace the stock steering servo with something with a little more strength.
That's what we were thinking. We just blew $80 on a new Savox for hubby's Arrma... Might have to think about something semi-similar for my ECX. (A little less $ tho lol)

I had to adjust the steering sensitivity on my controller, not sure if that's a feature on the stock radio (I think its called steering expo).
Hubby already found that and cranked it up. It helped a little, but not completely.

This part might help for the wobble when backing up. Mine does that too but it doesn't bother me too much.
Mine is beyond terrible! Idk if it because I have a LiPo in it which equals more snot or what.

Other than that, the only parts I've found for the 4wd are the ECX branded aluminum ones. There are shocks that are non-ECX branded that will work but you have to figure out which ones. I wish I could be of more help but I don't look for 4wd Ruckus parts too much. I can however, try to help you figure out solutions =)
I actually lost a shock end cap somehow, somewhere. I haven't even had the truck for a week yet. I looked on the parts explosion and I don't see any options to purchase that particular piece I need. Looks like I have to buy the whole shock....

Mine also runs on a Lipo and I'm also running a brushless setup. Since Lipo's discharge a lot nicer, that might be causing it. Yeah, I know what you mean by beyond terrible lol... my youngest daughter will say my truck is doing the jiggle dance lmao. I told her "no, its the truffle shuffle.."

Definitely upgrade the servo, and another thing that might help is getting a different radio and receiver for it. When I moved to a Spektrum DX4C and the receiver that came with it, its steering expo was way more effective. Seeing you guys have multiple RC's I'm assuming you're using 1 radio for multiple models? But, the receiver might help the steering expo.

No. Stock radio that came with them... yes, each truck has their own remote... it drives us crazy too... :) Some day..... LOL.

So, we went to the track today and I noticed I only had rear wheel drive... not 4. I have never worked on this thing and both my husband and I don't even know where to start. Any ideas?

No. Stock radio that came with them... yes, each truck has their own remote... it drives us crazy too... :) Some day..... LOL.

So, we went to the track today and I noticed I only had rear wheel drive... not 4. I have never worked on this thing and both my husband and I don't even know where to start. Any ideas?

Hmmm.. take the body off, pop it up on a car stand (or stack of books), connected the battery and slowly give it some throttle. Check and see whats moving and whats not. Sounds like something responsible for turning the front wheels isn't working. Make sure everything is connected and go from there. Sounds like something might have popped off.

Savox 15kg servo and nitro hose in steering linkages. Take out pivots and put in hose. Works great on all linkages. Cut a mm each side bigger and nudge tight so it can still move.

Pour le ruckus 4 wd je vous conseil d'installer des billettes traxxas réglable ( https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Blue-Anodized-Aluminum-Turnbuckles-Camber/dp/B000LTY3P8) ,ensuite vous pouvez changer de couronne, celle de hot racing (en fer 45 dents). Changez également d' hexagone ceux d 'ecx et le servo moteur (savox....)

@Tim91 , in the future please post in English. This is per our Terms of service.

For everyone else here, this is the translation.

"For the ruckus 4 wd I advise you to install adjustable traxxas billets ( https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-Blue-Anodized-Aluminum-Turnbuckles-Camber/dp/B000LTY3P8 [/ URL]), then you can change the crown, that of hot racing (iron 45 teeth). Also change the ecx hex and the servo motor (savox ....)"

Members online

No members online now.
Back