1/10 Rwd Torment only goes FORWARD whatever direction transmitter trigger is pulled

aholmy

why does it do that? all i changed i added a new amazon battery but it does this with all my batterys, cleaned out and re lubed my diff and metal trans and pulled the 100 000 000 weight viscous silicone fluid out and left it empty swapped a fresh traxxas 12T 550 cause i never lubed my last one , then i changed my stock Dynamite brushed/lipo 60A "waterproof" ESC connector from EC3 or whatver to XT60, now it acts weird af only has throttle both trigger directions, was my solder job too ghetto or something along those lines? ESC still beeps twice for 2S and 3rd beep arms and doesn't have runaway throttle and steering servo is new and works great just only have forward.. and my esc jumper is correctly positioned and still acts the same and same with it removed (cause it defaults to F/Br/R 2s)
so stock stx2 transmitter and srx200 receiver and stock ESC minus swapped xt60 plug

Possible when you swapped to the XT60 connector maybe the wire transmitted too much heat to the PCB inside the ESC? I dont think any of the other changes would cause this.
Sounds like the ESC is defaulting to, or can only produce Forward & Brake.
If you happen to have a spare ESC I would try that, even if it is a older or junkier one.
But it's just a guess on my part.

Possible when you swapped to the XT60 connector maybe the wire transmitted too much heat to the PCB inside the ESC? I dont think any of the other changes would cause this.
If you happen to have a spare ESC I would try that, even if it is a older or junkier one.

The only thing I can think of outside the ESC is a miscommunication issue between the radio and the receiver. How is the connector from the receiver to the ESC? Any chance there is a broken or bent pin in the connector end? Correct channel?

Is it as powerful forward and reverse, or does reverse (on radio) feel slower like 25% or 50% power?

Before swapping ESC, it would be worth the 5 minutes it would take to re-bind the radio to the receiver, then set the endpoints for the radio. Perhaps the radio and the receiver aren't "talking" right to each other

The only thing I can think of outside the ESC is a miscommunication issue between the radio and the receiver. How is the connector from the receiver to the ESC? Any chance there is a broken or bent pin in the connector end? Correct channel?

Is it as powerful forward and reverse, or does reverse (on radio) feel slower like 25% or 50% power?

Before swapping ESC, it would be worth the 5 minutes it would take to re-bind the radio to the receiver, then set the endpoints for the radio. Perhaps the radio and the receiver aren't "talking" right to each other
I didn't actually think about trying a rebind. I assumed he possibly tried that already.
Also if I read his post correctly, he no longer has reverse, both directions on the trigger yields a forward response?

I didn't actually think about trying a rebind. I assumed he possibly tried that already.
Also if I read his post correctly, he no longer has reverse, both directions on the trigger yields a forward response?
That’s how I read it too

Yes so after soldering the xt60 onto and changing to a new brushed slash 12T 550 I had ZERO brake and 100% throttle in REV or FORWARD , no brake what so ever and if I return to neutral trigger and then go into reverse, I get nothing, no input .. but I found out today I only get forward throttle in reverse if I am driving forward and use brake suddenly then it acts as 100% forward throttle and makes me crash hard because I kept forgetting and just wanted to get a decent run in. So I brought it to my drift hobby shop today and found out my ESC is getting concerningly hot just when the esc is turned on just sitting on the counter with an actual 2 seconds of throttle input applied just to demonstrate. Then I came home and re soldered the xt60 female end on the ESC I made sure to make it insanely sturdy with solder with the open wire ends bottomed out unable to pull out and after that I found my ESC wiring into my receiver had slightly chewed exposed ground wire right at the plug into the receiver but not touching anything just wire you could see through the insulation. I then found the same issue midway down my antenna wire just a little hole with some shine where you could spot bare wire but same thing not touching any metal so I'm thinking this could just be a combination of my mildly damaged wiring. Yes I did re bind twice and both times it instantly bound with perfect steering and the forward throttle acting perfectly fine. Another thing my hobby shop guy said was that I was running too high C of battery's for my Dynamite 60A DYNS2210 which is only 35/50C is the most I've gone strictly 2 Cell lipo usually 5000Mah but I'm coming on 2 years with this esc using those he said i was putting 120 amps into it

Yes so after soldering the xt60 onto and changing to a new brushed slash 12T 550 I had ZERO brake and 100% throttle in REV or FORWARD , no brake what so ever and if I return to neutral trigger and then go into reverse, I get nothing, no input .. but I found out today I only get forward throttle in reverse if I am driving forward and use brake suddenly then it acts as 100% forward throttle and makes me crash hard because I kept forgetting and just wanted to get a decent run in. So I brought it to my drift hobby shop today and found out my ESC is getting concerningly hot just when the esc is turned on just sitting on the counter with an actual 2 seconds of throttle input applied just to demonstrate. Then I came home and re soldered the xt60 female end on the ESC I made sure to make it insanely sturdy with solder with the open wire ends bottomed out unable to pull out and after that I found my ESC wiring into my receiver had slightly chewed exposed ground wire right at the plug into the receiver but not touching anything just wire you could see through the insulation. I then found the same issue midway down my antenna wire just a little hole with some shine where you could spot bare wire but same thing not touching any metal so I'm thinking this could just be a combination of my mildly damaged wiring. Yes I did re bind twice and both times it instantly bound with perfect steering and the forward throttle acting perfectly fine. Another thing my hobby shop guy said was that I was running too high C of battery's for my Dynamite 60A DYNS2210 which is only 35/50C is the most I've gone strictly 2 Cell lipo usually 5000Mah but I'm coming on 2 years with this esc using those he said i was putting 120 amps into it
the C rating is fine. the motor and battery will draw what they need.

so is it working correctly now, or are you still having the issue?
when you did the rebind, did you also program the throttle endpoints?

it sounds like you have an internal ESC issue.

If I understand the symptoms correctly:
1. From stationary, Forward throttle works but Reverse throttle does nothing,
2. In Forward drive, Reverse throttle acts as Forward throttle,
3. When idling, ESC gets hot.
I think this means that part of the output circuitry of the ESC has been destroyed.
To test this theory, you will need to beg, borrow, steal, or buy another ESC.

I just swapped to an arrma mega and all my issues are fixed plus I added a fan. so yeah i guess 2 years getting baked with lots of throttle did it in

I just swapped to an arrma mega and all my issues are fixed plus I added a fan. so yeah i guess 2 years getting baked with lots of throttle did it in
When you changed the power connector, was the soldering iron properly earthed? If not, this may have fried the electronics.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back