1/24 esc/rx problems

Jeremy in WI

So check this out, I was toolin around the living room with the little barrage when it suddenly slowed to a stop while 2 or 3 minutes into a fresh battery. Then instead of driving (fwd or rev) when I work the trigger, the front wheels turn to the left. Forward command turns (left) gently, reverse turns (left again) dramatically and holds. Steering command does almost nothing. I tried to rebind and I topped off the battery with no change. I contacted horizon and they sent me a new esc/rx. I put it in and I have the exact same issues. Could this be the TX? Or did I get lucky enough to start out with a bad esc and get an equally shot replacement?

I went round and round with customer service - first they sent a new rx/esc which I swapped out. This resolved nothing. They told me to send it in. I told them that sending in such a basic problem would be a waste of time and money. If it wasnt the rx, then it had to be the transmitter. They left me hanging. I waited a few days and got fed up and ran to ups after work to send it off. When I got home there was a box on the porch with a new transmitter... Which was a moot point as it was the wrong one... They contacted me a week or so later and said they couldn't find the problem and they sent me a new truck. This went on for about 2 weeks. Now in their defense this was all happening during the holidays and I'm sure vacations and heavy traffic played a huge role in quality/timing of service. So, if you send yours in, consider hanging on to the battery, charger, and anything else you might want because chances are they are going to just send you a new one.

Yes I did. It was the darn battery being low. My son had taken it off the charger and I didn’t know it. I used my voltmeter to check it and it showed correct voltage so i moved on from it possibly being the battery. We only have the little crappy wall charger that you have to about charge over night for it to take a full charge.

Both doing exactly the same. Swopped the tx round same problem.ordered new ESC. Same problem. Battery is fully charged on every thing. If I disconnect the motor the steering is fine. Same if I disconnect the steering the motor is fine.

Define “battery is full charged”. How many volts? If you put it under load and check again what is the voltage?
What battery is it and what are you charging it with?

Not put a multimeter onto the battery yet. I am using a sky RC charger so I know it's not the battery. If anyone has this issue please replace the motor. It's what I did on both of mine and now they are fine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back