1.9 tires on the 1.7 rims.

Yeti45

ive seen many with the 1.9 tires floating around. Have you all done the complete rim change or pit tires on the original rim on the temper, Which are 1.7 I think. I'm really trying to decide what rout to go with my sons. If I do tire and rim they will be bead lock but only if the price is right don't want to put to much into the temper "sons only 3" I'll take any advice on a set at a good price. If you have put the 1.9 on the original rims have you any problems are they fitting loosely or just right. Thanks everyone.

I put the 1.9 Axial Ripsaws on my stock Temper rims - it wasn't easy to get them to sit right in the bead, but it can be done (consider this was my first experience with RC beadlocks). I ran the Temper foams first, now the Axial foams - I will probably switch back to the Temper foams in front (leaves a tiny gap between foam and tire - acts like a really soft foam). I would recommend actual 1.9 rims for ease of install, although I have no suggestions on which to get.

I put the 1.9 Axial Ripsaws on my stock Temper rims - it wasn't easy to get them to sit right in the bead, but it can be done (consider this was my first experience with RC beadlocks). I ran the Temper foams first, now the Axial foams - I will probably switch back to the Temper foams in front (leaves a tiny gap between foam and tire - acts like a really soft foam). I would recommend actual 1.9 rims for ease of install, although I have no suggestions on which to get.
I see and have heard the same about what you have done same answer hard but doable. Thanks for your input.

I run no foam with an oz each front tire and 1/2 oz each rear (zinc BBs free floating)
Thanks for that idea never would have thought that. Is the no foam on the original temper tires !?

Thanks for that idea never would have thought that. Is the no foam on the original temper tires !?
I took the foams out of both my stock tires and my 1.9s. I like the extreme softness, wish I could make em even softer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back