2.2 Tires

mdanielswv18

Has anyone tried running 2.2 tires on this little beast yet? I picked up a Losi Nightcrawler yesterday and my son and I headed out to a new local indoor crawling course. I have his stock temper weighted on the servo, removed the foams and weighted the stock wheels. These tires are just too hard to grip anything. The Losi NC out of the box did awesome yesterday. We both really liked crawling. Im thinking about moving my 2.2s from the Losi and ordering some Pitbulls for it. I already have the Junfac 19mm wideners I just havent installed them yet and I moved the body up to prevent rubbing. I also have a bigger Dromida motor waiting to go in. Anyone running 2.2s?

20160521_190324.jpg 20160521_170553.jpg 20160521_164642.jpg

Now that's pretty funny. My 4 year old and I have the same 2 rigs. We are always playing.

His Temper is a good bit of mods to it;
  • 4 Wheel Steering w/ Rear Servo Internally Reversed
  • 1oz Weighted Wheel Weights w/ No Wheel Foams
  • Battery Tray Swapped Around
  • Tazer 280 Moter
  • Lipo Monitor w/ 2S 1700mah Lipo
  • Shock's Rebuilt with 30Wt and Collar on Left Front to Help with Torque Twist
Up Next For It - Aluminum Shocks, Steering Arms and Knuckles

My LNC2.0 is getting there too;
  • 4 Wheel Steering w/ Rear Servo Internally Reversed
  • Relocated ESC to mount off Battery Tray
  • Aluminum Adjustable Upper Link Mounts
Up Next For It - Star Cut the Foams and Weight the Wheels

As for running 2.2's on his, I haven't tried it yet, we don't have wideners.

IMG_6800.JPG

that's awesome we have two of the same rigs. I was really impressed with the LNC out of the box and I am enjoying mods to the Temper and making it more capable. My 4yr old has a Nitro Circus Basher I have slowed down for him that he enjoys, but the Temper seems to be perfect for him. I dont have to watch him like a hawk when he is playing with it. I think I might swap over the 2.2s and see how bad they rub or bind as soon as I get time to throw those wideners on. I am trying to get an order together to get my 4ws setup and figure out tire and wheel combo. How does the speed of the 280 compare now with the speed of the LNC?

It's been racing for days in PA and I just put his motor in 2 days ago...but in the house it's about 2X as fast. I've found its great at about 75% throttle trim. At 100% it's hard to turn fast with all the torque. Love the mod.

On both rigs definitely do the 4ws and I suggest not using the servo reverse and open up the servo and rewire it internally to go in reverse. That's what I did, less wiring and if your good with a soldering pencil it's about 30 minute total time.

I just added the Dromida 380 motor and keeping the throttle at about 50 percent is just what I was after. I also decided to just go with the 1.9s to prevent having to chop up the body or raise it more. These 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beasts look like they should get the job done.
20160526_234957.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back