2.8 wheels on ECX AMP

mattyd4201taim

So I like running the bigger tires on the amp. 2.8 duratrax lockup but they rub on the truck body when jumping. Should I just trim the body or is there a 2.6 premounted tires? Or is there a body that fits the amp that won't rub?

Did you get the Duratrax tires with the 1/2 offset? You can e-mail them to make sure, but I'm pretty sure that pushes the wheels a 1/2" away from your chassis/body.

Did you get the Duratrax tires with the 1/2 offset? You can e-mail them to make sure, but I'm pretty sure that pushes the wheels a 1/2" away from your chassis/body.
I will try to take pics of what I have...the duratrax lockups I believe are just 2.8's without offset. and I bought a pair of the duratrax sixpack 2.8 with 1/2 offset which are smaller or same size as stock ecx amp

IMG_20180507_151118_hdr.jpg

The 2.8 1/2 offset are on the left! And the regular 2.8 is on the right. I like the bigger tires tbh. Guess I'm be doing some trimming of the body, any suggestions for good scissors razor blade maybe?

IMG_20180507_151144_hdr.jpg

Do the sixpacks clear the side of the body when they are on?
Yes they clear the body if they are 2.8 1/2 offset. Or get same size tire as the stock amp mt or boost which I think are 2.2in

Now getting ready to change my shock oil and maybe pinion! Also esc still getting hot.

IMG_20180507_153642.jpg

Your sixpacks are stadium truck tires, not monster truck tires, so they aren't really comparable.

Do you have room on the axle to put a thicker hex adapter to make the wheel stick out a couple of mm and still get the nut on?

Your sixpacks are stadium truck tires, not monster truck tires, so they aren't really comparable.

Do you have room on the axle to put a thicker hex adapter to make the wheel stick out a couple of mm and still get the nut on?

poop! still new to the whole r/c so not sure ... lol gotta read the packaging better. either way they rip!

and I'm unsure about the hex... I just went with the same hex as the stock tires

so the hex adaptors are they just wider than the stock hexes that fit in the rim?

Exactly, same 12mm hex, just wider. On my 2wd Torment, the front hex is wider than the rear.

Attachments

• 20180508_142511.jpeg
    20180508_142511.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 5
You can find metal hex's so they won't strip. Do you have any threads sticking out from your axle nut? If not, you don't have space to go wider anyway. If you do, measure the thickness of your Amp's hex and axle diameter, then you can go on ebay and see what you can find. Just look up 12mm hex and get the thickness you need, and make sure it fits the size axle you have.

You can find metal hex's so they won't strip. Do you have any threads sticking out from your axle nut? If not, you don't have space to go wider anyway. If you do, measure the thickness of your Amp's hex and axle diameter, then you can go on ebay and see what you can find. Just look up 12mm hex and get the thickness you need, and make sure it fits the size axle you have.

awesome thanks man...and yeah I have some space to add an adaptor with the 2.8 mt tire...not so much with those 2.8 st one in pics above

If you need to, you can probably find some low profile axle nuts to give you a couple extra threads on your axle.

I'm looking back over your pics and info, and if you got the MT tires with the 1/2" offset, they could work. What I've been suggesting might make the ones you have work, but the 1/2" offset ones may be a direct bolt on fit. No other parts needed.
Sorry if I'm making it a more complicated issue.

tsPtHER.jpg

godvYgv.jpg

I have an AMP and my friend has a Ruckus, we traded wheels for a day, didn't have any rubbing issues.

View attachment 3468

The 2.8 1/2 offset are on the left! And the regular 2.8 is on the right. I like the bigger tires tbh. Guess I'm be doing some trimming of the body, any suggestions for good scissors razor blade maybe?

I like a Dremel with a sanding roll for any body work. Always leaves a nice finished factory-looking edge.

Last edited:
The lock ups would rub when the shocks would be compressed like jumping and it' s only like a half of an inch on the body which isn't to bad.

The lockups with a 1/2" offset will work without rubbing. Any of the Duratrax 1/2" offset MT tires/wheels will work. They make sixpacks for monster trucks as well. Just make sure they say MT for monster truck, rather than ST for stadium trucks. MT's are taller and wider as you can see with your Lockups.

15262464808851478067902674539960.jpg 15262465545728631670813075067548.jpg
So I like running the bigger tires on the amp. 2.8 duratrax lockup but they rub on the truck body when jumping. Should I just trim the body or is there a 2.6 premounted tires? Or is there a body that fits the amp that won't rub?

You can trim the body were the tires are rubbing (the easiest) or do a body lift (a little more work but looks tough). If you buy some contour scissors you can make a nice contoured cut.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back