2WD Torment LCG conversion

WithinU

Just curious, it will be a "in the future" project. Has anyone attempted a LCG conversion for their 2wd Torment?

Yes.
Cheap route, fuel line from nitro inside stock shocks lowers center of gravity. Mess around with shorter springs. Otherwise, Traxxas slash Ultras stock shocks are a tad shorter too.

Look for my write up on my 2wd racer torment.

Awesome, thanks @kruzracing169.
I didn't get a chance to post it, but I did find a thread where a year or so ago, another forum member did a LCG Xtreme chassis swap on a Torment.
So just lowering the center of gravity via shocks is sufficient vs a chassis swap? Which is good to know, cause I imagine the chassis swap isn't cheap?

Swapping out chassis is going to be the most expensive way. It's Reinventing the wheel, especially since they don't make one for a torment. I am not saying to not go the chassis way, because I am all about the customizing. Being different.
Cheapest and easiest way is what I suggested. You can find it on YouTube, search lowering suspension. It's going to change your lower center of gravity because it's not allowing your shocks to extend to its full. It's like putting shorter shocks in. You get where I'm going with this, does this make sense?
Do not over-think the lower center of gravity, LCG. And if you have adjustable turnbuckles, you can play around with the roll center too.

I did it to this one. This was a Basher I built, went the cheapest route to make it the most durable. I transferred over all my upgraded parts from my other torment that I ran for a whole season.
I did the fuel line thing on this, if you notice how much lower it sits and how much less the shock travels out. I also changed out the springs to shorter springs. It worked great.
For the least expensive way, this is the way to go. It also gets your mind thinking and learning more about your vehicle that you have, then going to the route of just buying something and making it better per se'.

IMG_20181006_132946898_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181006_131025928.jpg
IMG_20181006_130953923.jpg

I did it to this one. This was a Basher I built, went the cheapest route to make it the most durable. I transferred over all my upgraded parts from my other torment that I ran for a whole season.
I did the fuel line thing on this, if you notice how much lower it sits and how much less the shock travels out. I also changed out the springs to shorter springs. It worked great.
For the least expensive way, this is the way to go. It also gets your mind thinking and learning more about your vehicle that you have, then going to the route of just buying something and making it better per se'.

View attachment 4646
View attachment 4647
View attachment 4648
Cool looking truck. What kind of Springs are you using on the rear in the last picture?

I would also like to lower my torment 2wd's center of gravity. I do more racing than bashing. I know of people who did it by installing a circuit chassis on their torment, but I too think that shock absorbers would be an easier way to do that. I currently have Traxxas Titanium big bore shock absorbers installed on my torment, and they are set to the lowest setting on the shock tower. What can I do differently to get a lower center of gravity, or are these shocks just the right length?

That is pretty sweet. It has the one review that is good and the one that is not.

I would recommend updating to fine screws regardless using this kit or not. The course thread screws do not work well in the plastic.

I would buy the LCG kit and try it. I agree with kruzracing on using fine threaded screws with a hex head. As long as you're just using it for light bashing, or racing at the track, and not launching it 10 ft in the air and trying to land it, you'll be fine.

There was a guy on the Ultimate RC forums a few years ago that used this lcg set up on the torment and raced it at his local track. He never had any problems with durability. But he was only using it at the track only.

I will be doing an LCG conversion build log soon!!!!

I am excited by this build.

I will be comparing it to the Team Associated setup. I will use to get close, ha.
I've seen a few of these builds over the years on various forums. They're always fun. The lcg torment always drive so much better then stock. Can't wait to see this build. Will you be taking it to a track, or will this just be an outside basher? Good luck and have fun!

Yes you did. It's an great build. I will not be doing so. I like to have aesthetics work my track vehicles.
If it's an basher, I don't care what it looks like.
So, I will not be doing that LCG. The point is to accomplish the chassis lower, which you accomplished yes. I do not want to add more weight either. Aluminum is light, yes, but then the added aluminum other parts would add more weight on top of it.

Thanks for sharing your build here.

You definitely was thinking outside the box.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back