32p spur

Aunion

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I started a thread.
I managed to strip my Associated 32p spur gear last week, and my spare stock 48p too ( though I had good time...) It's been working flawlessly since I installed it, and was totally my fault. Tight slipper, lots of wheelies, thugowar, pushing doors and children in their bikes, dogs chasing and that sort of things, you know.
I'm looking for the same spur gear here in Spain, and a LHS owner told me that it's discontinued. Besides the price, it's very hard to get here, last time I got it from USA (Amain or Tower, not sure)
Searching for other brands, I've seen that Arrma and Axial have something that may fit in my 2wd Ruckus, and easily available.
Have you any of these in your trucks?
Is any modification needed?
Any other brand compatible?
Waiting for your answers. Thanks in advance.

Since you have octagon slipper pads for Associated 32P spur gears, I'd look into Pro-line Racing replacement 32P 56T Spur Gear: PRO-Series 32P Transmission, PRO635003. I'm sure Axial's 32 pitch spur gears would work as well...just have to get the proper slipper pads for them gears.

The axials wont work. Odd since the original axial 3 gear transmission has the same gears inside, and the same mounting holes on the bottom. But the shaft that the spur gear sits on is slightly bigger on the axial, so the hole is larger on the axial spur then the ecx. Now the axial spurs actually have a plastic spacer on the inside of the spur, which can also be replaced with a bearing (some aftermarket ones come with a bearing), and maybe one could find the proper spacer or bearing to use on the ecz shaft. Or, more likely, get an axial top shaft to use in the exc transmission to fit the spur.
But in reality, a properly meshed 48p won't strip on these trucks. I have 2, running 2.8s and 3s, the only time l stripped a spur (in 3 years of abuse) is when I smacked the transmission on a curb. Set the mesh so there's just a tiny bit of play, even less then the paper method. The paper method is fine for 32p, but 48p needs even less.

Thanks for your answers.
@HeavyBag:
Doesn't seem to be available in any shop here, nor physical neither online. It's really difficult (and expensive) to get Proline stuff here in Spain. My Trenchers came from US. Either way thank you.
@Steve g:
The Ruckus spur is the only I've stripped in several RC's, maybe I abuse it too much... I'll try to find a 32p spur before going back to the 48p one. Do you know the measurement of the Axial spacer? I probably have some bearing or bushing laying around that fits. Appreciate your answer.
Any of you guys have any other 32p spur fitted in your trucks, besides Associated?
Something about Arrma? I think it fits, but I wouldn't like to get it and throw it into the dustbin...
Thanks in advance.

5x11x4 is the insert. In the pic is the stock plastic spacer and a 5x11x4 bearing which is interchangeable with the plastic piece. Issue is the ecx shaft is less then 5mm, maybe its 4, or 4.5mm. Would need a 4x11x4 bearing or spacer. 20200906_143845.jpg

Hi guys. Finally I got a solution for the 32dp spur for my Ruckus. Been unable to get the Team Associated SC10 spur neither the Proline one here in Spain, I installed AX31027 about three weeks ago. It's a 32dp 56T spur.
IMG_20210825_175615.jpg
I also bought the slipper pads, and I could have saved the money (pics later). I'm not sure about the part number, may be AX31068.
IMG_20210825_175226.jpg
The orange pads are the SC10 ones, I could have cut them a little bit and use them in the Axial spur... Well, I have spares.
IMG_20210825_175559.jpg
The stock 48dp spur is 47.5 mm diameter, the Axial is 46mm, so you can use the spur gear cover for peace of mind. IMG_20210825_175454.jpg
You can use the TA pads with the stock spur, almost exact fit. IMG_20210825_174754.jpg
The Axial spur comes with a plastic bushing, I'm using it without problems yet, you can also use a 5*11*4 mm ball bearing. I'm not using it because I only have two of them, and I think I have the front ones a little gritty...
And I'll finish with a picture of one of the smallest parts of our rigs, but usually forgotten and/or lost. IMG_20210825_174631.jpg
This little washer goes between the transmission case (over the shaft bearing) and the slipper plate. It measures 7*5*0.4 mm, and it's ESSENTIAL for a correct function of the transmission. I used during a time (because I lost it and I found it later, stuck to a magnetic tray I use with my RC's) a Traxxas PTFE fiber washer, #1985. The stock one is metallic, if you use the Traxxas ones be careful, the heat caused by the slipper can melt the washer...
Sorry for the long post, hope it helps.

Last edited:
I took some more photos this evening.
IMG_20210826_190421.jpg
The tiny washer in its position. Please take care when disassembling the slipper plate next to the transmission box, everytime I take it off, the washer is stuck to the slipper plate, or it falls down.
IMG_20210826_190206.jpg
The output shaft measures 5mm where the slipper plates and the spur gear fit, though this part is keyed. The threaded part is M4, 4mm.IMG_20210826_190445.jpg
As you can see, the fit is really good, no additional tools/drilling/reamer needed.
You may need to elongate the holes for the motor screws, in order to get a right mesh between pinion and spur gear, given the Axial one is slightly smaller than the stock one, and also a bit smaller than the TA SC10 that I had before.
I've read somewhere here that there's an Arrma 32dp spur that also fits. I believe that
AR310404 (54T) and AR310405 (57T) could also do the trick.
Thanks to @HeavyBag and @Steve g for your answers. I've finally found some 32dp spur gear available here in Spain, in mostly every hobby shop at a reasonable price.
Hope it helps, guys.

Last edited:
Thanks man!
Since the SC10 spur gear is discontinued, and nearly impossible to buy here in Spain, the Axial spur is a good alternative. If I ever break this one, I'll probably try the Arrma one.
The Team Associated spurs are like unicorn tears here too.

AR310404 (54T) and AR310405 (57T) could also do the trick.
Thanks to @HeavyBag and @Steve g for your answers. I've finally found some 32dp spur gear available here in Spain, in mostly every hobby shop at a reasonable price.
Hope it helps, guys.
Just in case anyone else comes across this. The Arrma Fury/Raider 32P spur is still available, but, the slipper pads arent. I have an original Fury and i havent been able to find the pads for it anywhere in almost a year.

Thanks for your answers.
@HeavyBag:
Doesn't seem to be available in any shop here, nor physical neither online. It's really difficult (and expensive) to get Proline stuff here in Spain. My Trenchers came from US. Either way thank you.
@Steve g:
The Ruckus spur is the only I've stripped in several RC's, maybe I abuse it too much... I'll try to find a 32p spur before going back to the 48p one. Do you know the measurement of the Axial spacer? I probably have some bearing or bushing laying around that fits. Appreciate your answer.
Any of you guys have any other 32p spur fitted in your trucks, besides Associated?
Something about Arrma? I think it fits, but I wouldn't like to get it and throw it into the dustbin...
Thanks in advance.

Thank you and Steve for the tech info here. I’m having problems keeping my clutch together on big power and hoping this spur gear and slipper pad swap will help. I’ll be sure to link this thread from mine when it arrives.

For anyone else, the info I have to pass along is scx10 is the most common model this is listed for, so if you Google SCX10 spur you will find a host of spur, slipper, and pinion upgrades. Like us, stock they are 48p so just order to suit. They have much more gearing options, and has been discussed elsewhere the entire trans can be swapped.

Based on the information I found in this thread, I searched "Axial SC10 spur" and tripped across this on the first page. $13 on Prime. I haven't installed it yet, but it's a 32p 56T spur, clutch packs, clutch plates, 12T metal pinion for 3.175 shaft, and set screws.

I am no longer using those adhesive tapes, I've learned my lesson and super glue clutch pads to the spur, but look how much more surface area this one has. Plus it has six flat sides to keep the clutch pad from rotating versus 2 for the stock one. Diameter is almost exactly the same, width, offset, and center hole for input shaft is the same should bolt directly on.4C4E4336-E128-408B-A19E-B8A4404DF92D.jpeg1B1851B6-03AD-4B87-A9A1-065BD86CBEB6.jpeg603893BB-BA4B-4763-97E2-EE76953306AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Dear all I have the ECX AXE BRUTUS and the 93T 48p spur gear is no longer available.
I would like to swap on 32p but I don't understand very well which one would be good to install in place to decrease a little bit the gear ratio from 5.81 to some little bit more torque and lower speed. Of course which would fit on the Axe Brutus stock motor. In this way I should decrease also a little bit the motor temperature.

Thanks for help

Dear all I have the ECX AXE BRUTUS and the 93T 48p spur gear is no longer available.
I would like to swap on 32p but I don't understand very well which one would be good to install in place to decrease a little bit the gear ratio from 5.81 to some little bit more torque and lower speed. Of course which would fit on the Axe Brutus stock motor. In this way I should decrease also a little bit the motor temperature.

Thanks for help

Did you ask this on FB by any chance? There was a similar question recently

Yes it was me and I've been redirect to this topic on the forum

if you order the kit I showed above, it comes with 56 spur 12 pinion. A 10 pinion would be pretty close to your stock gear ratio, just keep going down in pinion teeth. 9 would be 6.22:1, 8 would be 7.0:1, etc. You can usually order a 5 pack of pinions for almost the same price as just ordering one or two. Just make sure it's 32P and the motor diameter you need (3.175).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back