5200 mah 50c battery.

s.delgado5650

Anyone run one of these in the amp mt? I ordered (2) 4000 mah 20c but got the 5200 50c instead. Im thinking they will be too big to run with stock battery strap.

Generally speaking all of the 2S hard-case batteries will have the same dimensions. There's going to be a little variation but it depends on the brand. Without knowing the brand of battery there's no way to know for sure but I really doubt you'll have a problem. If you do, you can adjust the screws attached to the thumbwheels/wingnuts so they can accommodate a thicker batter case. I've done this myself and it works fine. You can also just remove the ridgid battery retainer and use a velcro strap.

Anyone run one of these in the amp mt? I ordered (2) 4000 mah 20c but got the 5200 50c instead. Im thinking they will be too big to run with stock battery strap.

The battery will fit length wise however it might be a little thick if it a 50C, which was a good choice on your part. I run 3S 7200mAh 60s in my AMP and had to raise the battery compartment stand-offs. It's pretty easy to do. You battery will probably fit, just make sure you have the head clearance in the battery compartment.
The battery strap your talking about I'm assuming is the stock plastic battery tie down that came with the car. You can raise that to handle different thickness's by adjusting (loosening) the screws that hold the wing nuts (that's what I call them) which will allow you to pull the wing nuts up and clear the strap. Hope this helps, let me know. Try a brushless motor combo and a 3S battery for your next upgrade.

Already looking into the brushless setup. What else do i have to upgrade? Metal gears? How about shafts?

Thank you. What about the 15 turn I see they are only about 20 bucks shipped. Would it be recommended to upgrade drivetrain in that situation?

Try to stay away from brushed motors if you can, you will be buying one each month. They get hot, have a lot of friction due to the brushes. There are some good inexpensive brushless combo motors out there. You will be much happier with a brushless motor.

What about the 15 turn I see they are only about 20 bucks shipped. Would it be recommended to upgrade drivetrain in that situation?
I agree with the recommendation to move to a brushless power system. Don't start sinking too much money in brushed motors.

That said, I did install a 15T 550 Dynamite brushed motor in my AMP MT. With a LiPo battery it had a bit more power than the stock 20T motor but not earth shattering. The change was VERY noticeable when I installed a HobbyWing Justock ESC and 13.5T brushless system!

I agree with the recommendation to move to a brushless power system. Don't start sinking too much money in brushed motors.

That said, I did install a 15T 550 Dynamite brushed motor in my AMP MT. With a LiPo battery it had a bit more power than the stock 20T motor but not earth shattering. The change was VERY noticeable when I installed a HobbyWing Justock ESC and 13.5T brushless system!
Good to know....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back