8.4v battery

Bgrunst1

Does anyone else run an 8.4v battery on their amp MT? I'm running one with my tazer 3000kv combo motor, and it takes a while for it to be able to run. Anyone have any ideas for cutting the time down?

You're talking about reducing the amount of time it takes to charge the battery? What's the capacity (mAh)?

Gone are the days of charging a6-cell NiCd pack in 15 minutes.

Generally "fast" charging a NiMh battery means 1C. (take the mAh number and divide by 1000 = the number of Amps) So, for example, a 2000mAh NiMh pack would charge at 2 Amps. No matter the capacity, charging at 1C takes about an hour. Your best bet would be to buy an additional battery, or better yet, a LiPo and "low voltage alarm" for your car. (I'm assuming an AMP- those cars don't have ESCs that feature low-voltage cutoff or alarm). The LiPo will still take about an hour to charge, but a 4000 mAh pack will give you a good 30-45 minutes of run time. (Some newer, high-performance LiPos can be charged at 2C, 3C or more but that just gives me the heebie-jeebies. 1C is a good, safe rate.)

You're talking about reducing the amount of time it takes to charge the battery? What's the capacity (mAh)?

Gone are the days of charging a6-cell NiCd pack in 15 minutes.

Generally "fast" charging a NiMH battery means 1C. (take the mAh number and divide by 1000 = the number of Amps) So, for example, a 2000mAh NiMH pack would charge at 2 Amps. No matter the capacity, charging at 1C takes about an hour. Your best bet would be to buy an additional battery, or better yet, a LiPo and "low voltage alarm" for your car. (I'm assuming an AMP- those cars don't have ESCs that feature low-voltage cutoff or alarm). The LiPo will still take about an hour to charge, but a 4000 mAh pack will give you a good 30-45 minutes of run time. (Some newer, high-performance LiPos can be charged at 2C, 3C or more but that just gives me the heebie-jeebies. 1C is a good, safe rate.)
And I'm not using an ECX setup. I have the ESC in my tazer motor unit

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. You connect a charged battery to your car and you can't drive it immediately? How long after you connect the battery before your car starts to respond to transmitter input?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. You connect a charged battery to your car and you can't drive it immediately? How long after you connect the battery before your car starts to respond to transmitter input?
It takes about five minutes, or so. I think it is the ESC updating to the higher voltage. It only does this when it has not run for a while, or if I switch from a 7.2v to my 8.4v battery

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back