WTB 87T Spur Gear

RC_Noob

Looking for one of these as a stop gap until my metal ones arrive.

I've mashed mine up and need a quick replacement, any usable one will do.

Thanks

Looking for one of these as a stop gap until my metal ones arrive.

I've mashed mine up and need a quick replacement, any usable one will do.

Thanks

I am assuming its 48p... I would just buy a lower pitch... I fought with those 87T gears forever... Ive got 10 stripped ones, metal and plastic...

This is not a direct answer but it may save some money in the future.

Good luck!

I am assuming its 48p... I would just buy a lower pitch... I fought with those 87T gears forever... Ive got 10 stripped ones, metal and plastic...

This is not a direct answer but it may save some money in the future.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, so your recommendation would be to go for a 36p setup? I hadn't considered that, what's the advantage of the lower pitch?
What motors were your running that stripped so many gears?

Thanks for the reply, so your recommendation would be to go for a 36p setup? I hadn't considered that, what's the advantage of the lower pitch?
What motors were your running that stripped so many gears?

I would recommend 32p setup only because they shouldn't break and there is a lot of availability...Lower pitch means bigger teeth therefore they wont strip so easily.

I stripped my gears (48p) with a TAZER 3300kv and a Fuze 3800kv on nimh. Theses motors/batteries shouldn't have stripped them...it was ridiculous.

I would recommend 32p setup only because they shouldn't break and there is a lot of availability...Lower pitch means bigger teeth therefore they wont strip so easily.

I stripped my gears (48p) with a TAZER 3300kv and a Fuze 3800kv on nimh. Theses motors/batteries shouldn't have stripped them...it was ridiculous.

If you're stripping gears that much chances are you're not setting your gear mesh properly, or making sure your motor is mounted tight enough.

I've run the 48 pitch gears on a number of brushless systems and in 4 years only stripped a few of them due to me being new, and not setting my mesh properly, or having a fluke accident where the motor was hit hard enough to move slightly and end up wrecking the gears by throwing off the mesh.

If you're stripping gears that much chances are you're not setting your gear mesh properly, or making sure your motor is mounted tight enough.

I've run the 48 pitch gears on a number of brushless systems and in 4 years only stripped a few of them due to me being new, and not setting my mesh properly, or having a fluke accident where the motor was hit hard enough to move slightly and end up wrecking the gears by throwing off the mesh.

What surfaces were you running on? I was running on roads most of the time. (with the mesh perfect) that is why it puzzled me.

I run on everything. From speed runs and donuts on hot pavement to mud, sand, you name it.

Again I'd have to suspect your gear mesh or motor not being tight enough. I stripped my fair share of spurs before getting the hang of setting gear mesh.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back