Amp adjustable turnbuckles

Kaden

I got an amp and I would like some adjustable links.I know hot racing has some but they have bad reviews.What else is there?

Don’t buy cheap Chinese aluminum ones, they are crap and have way too much slop. Traxxas makes good cheap and available steel ones that are great quality. Any local shop will have them. Bring your plastic links in and match the sizes up.

One thing to watch is the thickness of they eyes. If they are too thick or deep the screw head may run on the driveshaft collar. A countersunk screw head will usually fix that.

Thanks I’m going to my lhs Saturday I’ll bring the old ones and match them to some adjustable ones
You will also need the steering links in addition to the four camber links. I want shorter camber links for more negative camber gain as it rolls, in addition to more starting negative camber so the stock steering links don’t work. Inner most holes on the hubs and the chassis points to shorten that camber link, especially in the rear.

Kaden, Lephturn is right, stay away aluminum turn buckles not only are cheap they bend real easy if you hit something or do jumps. Traxxas turn buckles are the way to go. There not that expensive and I myself keep different sizes on hand. Good luck with you're Amp, its an amazing truck when upgraded.

I'm using Associated steel turn buckles with RPM rod ends. Fit directly onto the existing ball ends in my amp. They also do Ti versions if steel is a concern.

So here's my as of today, three auxiliary drone batteries. One for the front led lights, one for the high velocity fans and one for rear lights. Theres a total of four micro toggle switchs, one for the front leds, one for the high velocity fans, one for the rear leds and one for the main power. I don't like the little slide switch that comes with Castle combos. So what I do is cut it off and solder a micro toggle switch in its place. Now some of the other motor combos you have to use the standard switch, as it also has a programming button along side the power button.

Attachments

• 20200415_175310.jpg
    20200415_175310.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20191231_154209.jpg
    20191231_154209.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20191231_154233.jpg
    20191231_154233.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200415_161507.jpg
    20200415_161507.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200415_161201.jpg
    20200415_161201.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 18
I did have to modify the aluminum stand-off that that connects the the ball cups. It's a bit to long and has to be shortened. Again, the Amp is one heck of a Truck when its modified.

Thanks for all the help guys.One more question what motor do you guys think is best for the amp?castle 3800kv or onyx 4000kv.I know the castle would have more torque and less speed but im not looking for crazy speed just enough speed to have fun with.Also will be using 2s lipo.

Thanks for all the help guys.One more question what motor do you guys think is best for the amp?castle 3800kv or onyx 4000kv.I know the castle would have more torque and less speed but im not looking for crazy speed just enough speed to have fun with.Also will be using 2s lipo.
I personally would go Castle over the ONYX. IMHO Castle makes better motors than Hobbywing does. ONYX is just yet another Hobbywing rebrand.

I personally would go Castle over the ONYX. IMHO Castle makes better motors than Hobbywing does. ONYX is just yet another Hobbywing rebrand.
Definitely if you can get Castle and the price isn’t an issue, go with Castle. There is a lot more to motors than the kv rating.

Here is the Traxxas turnbuckles I installed.

FB3C8A03-B676-426E-9E5C-A6E06E718B0A.jpeg
Three different sizes. I took the plastic camber links and steering arms to my LHS to match them up. Here is the result.I set the camber on the rear and used the inside holes to shorten the camber links as much as possible for more camber gain. The larger tires are giving me a higher CG and more roll so I set -3 degrees camber. I have not set camber and toe in the front yet. I am going with close to straight toe with a touch of toe in for high speed handling.

F091F7FC-3C4E-4722-A106-D920028935AC.jpeg
AC25B580-A9C5-483B-9587-6E355C8C696C.jpeg

Here is the Traxxas turnbuckles I installed.

View attachment 6638
Three different sizes. I took the plastic camber links and steering arms to my LHS to match them up. Here is the result.I set the camber on the rear and used the inside holes to shorten the camber links as much as possible for more camber gain. The larger tires are giving me a higher CG and more roll so I set -3 degrees camber. I have not set camber and toe in the front yet. I am going with close to straight toe with a touch of toe in for high speed handling.

View attachment 6639
View attachment 6640
what size is the ones for the steering? im looking for those and im not sure what size they are or part number if you have it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back