AMP ESC-Rx/Tx Replacement Options

ChrisCYVR

Hi all, (1st post / newb)

I recently picked up a used AMP MT for my 9yo son, to replace a broken “toy” RC. It worked really well for a few runs, and then started to flake out. When I turn on the truck’s power, the front servo twitches but the LED doesn’t turn on, no beep, and there is no power or connection; it’s just dead.

Online research reveals that the ESC/Rx combo is unreliable and a pain to replace because the units are joined together. Ok, I’ll accept that it’s a faulty part. Bad luck... but if it is dead, what do I replace it with?

I don’t want to spend a ton, as this truck is *already* a replacement for another bad RC toy. And if I have to replace the ECX13006, I will likely need a new radio too... things are adding up. At the same time, I’d like to buy something LiPo compatible so we can use LiPos down the road.

SO: What would the wise and experienced ECX community recommend as a reasonably priced upgrade / replacement for a flaky AMP MT ECX13006, that’s LiPo compatible? I’d also consider a replacement that’s not LiPo ready if it was significantly cheaper than buying a whole new set of parts, but think I’m stuck buying all three (ESC, Rx, Radio).

Note: I’m shopping from Vancouver BC, Canada... so looking for items available here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance! The “toy” RC was his birthday gift and it broke on day one. The AMP was his replacement gift and it broke on day two! Dad fail. Hoping I can get this fixed for him soon so he doesn’t give up on the sport.

Thanks Aggie72!

Exactly what I was hoping to find, and reasonably priced too. I can see upgrading becoming addictive: we’re already browsing LiPo options... lol

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.
Back