Amp motor beeping and not working

Clarry37

Hi all, I have recently had a problem where my stock std AMP MT has stopped working, even with a freshly charged battery. Now when I turn it on plug it in and apply the throttle it does nothing except make a continuous beeping sound from the motor when using the throttle. The ESC seems to have connect to the Tx ok but it is strange that the motor makes the continuous beep noise with no drive.

Could the motor be faulty? It used to work fine with about a dozen batteries run to date but now there is no action!

Any ideas out there on what could be wrong?

Does the ESC still make the do-re-mi sound when it finds the TX?

Does the truck move when you apply full throttle and bump start it?

The motor can def. be faulty. But the ESC/RX combo unit is also a common failure part. The score on my amps is a 1-1 draw...

Another thing you can do to diagnose if the motor is toast is hooking it up directly to the battery leads.

I know that it may have a throttle control on the remote. Check that. My kids couldn't turn their car because the steering power was turned all the way down.

Hi all, I have recently had a problem where my stock std AMP MT has stopped working, even with a freshly charged battery. Now when I turn it on plug it in and apply the throttle it does nothing except make a continuous beeping sound from the motor when using the throttle. The ESC seems to have connect to the Tx ok but it is strange that the motor makes the continuous beep noise with no drive.

Could the motor be faulty? It used to work fine with about a dozen batteries run to date but now there is no action!

Any ideas out there on what could be wrong?
I know that it may have a throttle control on the remote. Check that. My kids couldn't turn their car because the steering power was turned all the way down.

I tried changing the throttle sensitivity on the remote but that hasn't worked. The steering servo works ok so the Tx and Rx are obviously connected.

Does the ESC still make the do-re-mi sound when it finds the TX?

Does the truck move when you apply full throttle and bump start it?

The motor can def. be faulty. But the ESC/RX combo unit is also a common failure part. The score on my amps is a 1-1 draw...

Another thing you can do to diagnose if the motor is toast is hooking it up directly to the battery leads.

The ESC seems to connect to the Tx fine as it does the correct chime sequence that it always has and also I the steering servo works fine.

I will try connecting the motor directly to a battery to see if it works. Great idea!

The ESC seems to connect to the Tx fine as it does the correct chime sequence that it always has and also I the steering servo works fine.

I will try connecting the motor directly to a battery to see if it works. Great idea!

Just tried connecting the battery to two different batteries and do movement at all. It must be toast so it it worth simply upgrading to the 15 T dynamite motor with all other standard kit or is there a better option that can be recommended?

The dynamite 15T motor is fine. Many people buy the HPI Firebolt 15T intead because it can often be had cheaper. However, there is an increased risk that you will fry the ESC with a 15T motor. I have burnt mine up on the stock motor (through tall grass, a very demanding application) and a friend of mine toasted his shortly after upgrading to the 15T, so it's fair to say that this component is a bit marginal. And when it goes, you are looking at either replacing it like-for-like or shelling out for a new radio as well as a new ESC (since the ESC and RX are combined into one on the Amp).

I'm not trying to scare you, but you should keep in mind that this ESC is not going to last you forever and it's demise will probably come sooner with a 15T.

By the way, I revived one of my busted stock Amp motors by running it at part-throttle in water for a few minutes. You could try that first, postpone spending.

Members online

No members online now.
Back