AMP MT complete electrical overhaul.

Slim68782003

So I bought my son (17 yo) his first hobby grade rc for his birthday a few weeks back. I turned him loose in our local hobby and he chose an ECX Amp MT. Not knowing much about rc cars (I'm an airplane guy myself) I didn't realize that this model was on its way out...

He drove his truck with out issues for two weeks... Then one of his buddies broke the transmitter. I know the easy fix is to buy a spectrum transmitter, but I really don't care for spectrum radio equipment...(not open for debate as its a personal thing with me.) So we are going to overhaul the whole electrical side of the chassis and get it ready for mechanical upgrades.

I will update this list as I find and purchase parts.

6 Channel Reciever/Transmitter:
FlaKy FS-GT5

ESC

Brushless motor

Steering servo

Battery?

Last edited:
@Slim68782003 looking forward to seeing more of your re-build.

Spektrum makes decent radios, but since I've upgraded to a Futaba 4PL I'm sold on Futaba for sure. You might want to take a look at the Futaba 3PV for your radio upgrade.

I'll look into it woody...I really like my Tactic... But really wish it was a computer radio... I'm looking at the Flysky I3 system

My son wants a FlySky FS-GT5 6. I will put it on order this week...

Now it's on to find a decent motor/ESC to put in... The over all goal is to build a drift truck... So from what I understand power, gearing and traction come into play here.

Last edited:
I just purchased an amp mt myself, fun little trucks. I did however change it up as soon as I finished building and i picked up the transmitter I was unhappy. I went to a tactic ttx300 transmitter with a tactics tr325 3 channel reciever receiver, and quicrun 1060 speed controler. I look forward to seeing what tje brushless upgrade does for you.

Well after much debating we finally set on the Tactic ttx300 radio, new stock servo, and a Tazer 4000kVw motor ESC combo. He also wanted a new body for me to try my hand at giving a fade job... If he ever lets the truck sit still long enough for pictures, I'll post em up

Im having trouble with the Tazer motor and/or ESC. Turn everything on and drive the truck from the front door to the parking lot bash spot (100 feet at most) and the truck does fine.. Lots of get up and go. Make the first turn and the truck dies. Still have steering response but nothing from the motor. The LED onbthe recover turns off. Once we turn the car off and back on it works again until we make the next high speed turn... If we run at about 1\4 throttle or less the car runs fine.

I set up the ECS for the stock NiHm batteries, and left the rest of the settings alone. This is the second ESC. HH warrantied the first one that was doing the exact same thing.

i like my
FLYSKY FS-iT4S and hobbywing 1080 setup. never a problem in 2 years. run it in all my stuff
Im sure you do... I really like My Tactic TTX300. I have one for every other rc struck we own at the moment.
My issue is i just payed $150 for a system that's not working... And I can't figure out if its my fault or the fault of the parts.

Just to put this out there... Its not the radio system as I can put the receiver into our other trucks and no issue... The issue has to be the speed controller and or the motor... I'm going to go back through the programming again if and when my son lets me mess around with it...

Im sure you do... I really like My Tactic TTX300. I have one for every other rc struck we own at the moment.
My issue is i just payed $150 for a system that's not working... And I can't figure out if its my fault or the fault of the parts.

Just to put this out there... Its not the radio system as I can put the receiver into our other trucks and no issue... The issue has to be the speed controller and or the motor... I'm going to go back through the programming again if and when my son lets me mess around with it...
I had an Aarma esc that would do the same thing running nimh batteries even when the lvc was turned off. It ran fine with lipos. I think the motor is asking for more current than your battery can put out. Try running a lipo and see what happens.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back