Amp or Circuit?

Hemiguy

I'm thinking about buying a new rc because I want another and don't want to continue messing with the bad memories of having my torment and ruckus. I love the trucks but my torment has been down for over a year and my ruckus i think is finally giving out on me. But I can't decide if I want the circuit stadium truck or the amp mobster truck. I want 2wd for sure because they seem to slide around a lot easier and I never drive in a straight line anyway, rc or actual vehicle. I was just wondering what everyone thought of the two and maybe help me make my decision a little easier. I like the circuit looks but I like the amp pricing better. Also, I always wondered why the 4wd costs so much more. Is there really that much more to them?

The chassis of the AMP and Circuit are 99.9% the same. Different tires, different body, and the rear shock tower is different. However, the electronics in the Circuit are going to be a little better: separate Rx and ESC. So you can upgrade/replace the radio system without having to get another ESC. Unfortunately the new LiPo equipped Circuits have traded the Spektrum DSMR radio gear for a cheaper FHSS system. :p The Circuit also has a 15t motor instead of a 20t- that means the Circuit will be a little faster right out of the box.

I recently converted my AMP MT to a Circuit. You can read about that >here<

Finally, 4WD is more expensive because there is more going on under the body: A total of three transmissions instead of just one, plus a center drive shaft and the additional drive shafts up front.

If I were to do it again, I'd buy the circuit. Amp ESC is junk and has integrated RX, circuit ESC is also junk but the RX is separate so you can replace it for minimal cost. A new, comparable ESC (e.g. Hobbywing 1060) will cost you less than the replacement RX unit from Horizon.

Could I replace the Rx with one from my broken torment and be okay to have the spektrum controller? Also I'm super new to all the terminology so I'm sorry if it's not actually called a controller.

Yes you can use the radio (transmitter and receiver) of the torment on the Amp. You will also need an ESC then. The one from your torment perhaps?

The problem is that ESC and receiver in the Amp are one component. Once it burns up, you need two components (ESC and the overpriced Horizon receiver that works with the original transmitter) or even three (ESC and complete radio system). Hope that's clear, it's early morning and I'm not so coherent then :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back