Amp weight

vmabuck

So I recently got this Amp MT as I get back into RC cars after selling all my nitro vehicles last year. This is my first electric hobby grade truck. I figured I would just play around a little before I committed to a better vehicle. Does anyone add weight to this truck? It sure is bouncy. I am sure I can find some softer springs but I was just curious of anyone ever added weight to the chassis.

I also just ordered a 7.4v 5000mah 35c lipo for this. I am assuming I should also order an onboard voltage monitor. Or can you operate the lipo with this ESC safely?

Add about 3/4 oz of wheel weights in the servo tray and try some thicker shock oil. I messed a lot with various springs and went back to stock. I run 50 weight in the front and 40 weight in the rear. You can also use zip ties to add spring tension on the shock collars.

Well, I have a lot of extra shock collars to fine tune that. I did buy some 45w oil so maybe that will be okay for front and back for the time being. And I will add that weight for sure!

I also have a 15t motor coming and I got a 20t pinion. Saw a video on youtube where a guy said that got him close to 30mph. I am thinking that should be plenty for this truck. I already have a set of RPM front a arms after I cleaned it into a rail at a skatepark and broke one of the stock ones. The local Hobby store does not carry any aluminum hop ups. The RPM seem more beefy for sure though.

But this thing is a fun little basher.

Well, I have a lot of extra shock collars to fine tune that. I did buy some 45w oil so maybe that will be okay for front and back for the time being. And I will add that weight for sure!

I also have a 15t motor coming and I got a 20t pinion. Saw a video on youtube where a guy said that got him close to 30mph. I am thinking that should be plenty for this truck. I already have a set of RPM front a arms after I cleaned it into a rail at a skatepark and broke one of the stock ones. The local Hobby store does not carry any aluminum hop ups. The RPM seem more beefy for sure though.

But this thing is a fun little basher.
Have fun and as you upgrade keep in mind what will break so that it’s easier and cheaper to fix. I kept all the plastic A arms because I’d rather those break than the bulk heads which are more time consuming to replace. Get yourself a temp gun and monitor motor temps. You don’t really want them getting hotter than 160 and max 170. They’ll last much longer if you give them time to cool down. We have 3 amps, well 2 now, I put one up for sale at my LHS. Mine does 60-70 mph, but that is ridiculous and wears everything out extremely fast and if you crash, there’s very little left ?.

I did hit it with my temp gun when I first put the lipo in and never got above 80. I need to wait until I get my low voltage beeper so I can really run the hell out of this thing with the lipo. I didn't want to risk smoke checking a brand new battery so I just set a 25 minute timer and took it kind of easy.

Add about 3/4 oz of wheel weights in the servo tray and try some thicker shock oil. I messed a lot with various springs and went back to stock. I run 50 weight in the front and 40 weight in the rear. You can also use zip ties to add spring tension on the shock collars.

Ya man! I put 45wt oil in the fronts and added 3/4 oz in the tray like you said and it sticks better for sure. I can see the back end bumping around still though but I have not added heavier oil to that yet.

I had a feeling weight would help. Thanks for the confirmation and amount on that one...

Latest posts

Members online

Back