Any good paddle tires?

ChaosScourge1987

My son received a 1/10 Amp Desert Buggy 2wd for Christmas, and we have been having a blast this summer ripping it around all over the place. I can't seem to find any ideas on a good set of paddle tires for it. We tend to get some good snow here in Pennsylvania, and he is really looking forward to tearing it up this winter. I have some Traxxas Slash 4x4 paddle tires, but have no clue if they would work for his Amp as well. Any input would be much appreciated.

I believe the Slash uses 17mm hexes, the Amp uses 12mm. Though I think I see a version of the Slash that has 12mm hexes. Perhaps, see what you have, you might have to upgrade to use the paddles you have.

I'd look at the Proline Sand Paw. They have them in premounted or just the tires.

I converted my Ruckus to 17mm hexes and got some 1/8 buggy paddle tires and they are terrible in snow. To narrow to float on the snow unless it is quite compact. It seems like they would work well in sand though, which is more the intended use.
I think the lack of 4wd will be an issue as well. Without having the front wheels powered, snow builds up on the tires and the front end plows instead of floating. I recently picked up an EMaxx to fill that role.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back