Anyone know about an upgrade rear shock tower?

Breaktime

Messing around on break as usual and I over shot a wide turn and clipped the rear tower on a low metal beam. The tower came right apart. Anybody knew if there's an alloy fit? I suppose I shouldn't run at night without lights so far out of view...

1DB770C5-3144-4976-8B45-0E0E3D0DD6E7.jpeg 3C745B4C-FB26-467E-9859-29C96E1F41C9.jpeg 61582783-BF68-4AF4-813E-2AE6F045CD7C.jpeg
Messing around on break as usual and I over shot a wide turn and clipped the rear tower on a low metal beam. The tower came right apart. Anybody knew if there's an alloy fit? I suppose I shouldn't run at night without lights so far out of view...
Hot Racing makes an alluminum version for the torment which works with a different body. I never looked to see if they made the amp version. It worked for my purposes, but I don’t run standard bodies.

Took a drive out to the not-so-local hobbyshop but they had nothing at all, not even the stock replacement. I think I an rivet a bandage onto it for now. It looks like there's no option with Hot Racing, but I did see that they list front and rear arms as a fit for the buggy only, surely those would match for future replacements.
It wasn't a waste of a trip though as I did pick up some repair glue for my plane, and some connectors to hook up a winch on my barrage. My plan was to bolt the winch to the bumper, sounds crazy eh?If I push the bumper to the furthest mount point I can actually bolt right onto the support rods without drilling, but the bolts are too short.another challenge.

I STRONGLY recommend against installing aluminum swingarms on your car. RPM makes a far superior product that is nigh indestructible. Aluminum will bend and keep the new shape. You may bend it back but Al is not ductile and you risk breaking it. Plastic is much better for swingarms. The shock tower is a different matter as it is (generally) protected by a body. I'd wager you would not have broken the shock tower if you had been running with a body installed. (Not trying to be a rude smartass here, just practical)

Thanks for your recommendation, and about the body; that's actually the same thing I said right after it happened. I'm very rough on this amp, I take it to the skate park a lot and something breaks almost every run. The body has been destroyed and patched up too much now. I planned on making a vacuum former to pull my own body shells but can't source a good supply of polycarbonate plastic locally. One time i cut a body out of a washer fluid Bottle...

That is awesome-- I'd love to have seen that! One of the users here posted photos of a pretty interesting durability mod he made to the body shell of his AMP: he used plastic drawer handles as skid or roll bars.

I could be wrong but don't all of the Ecx 1/10 2wd vehicles use the same shock towers?
The Amp and Torment/Ruckus are a slightly different angle and have different body mount locations, but they do fit. The torment tower is also slightly taller with more shock locations. 158AD1D9-75B5-4FA3-90FF-E1F081919CD2.jpeg

Last edited:
don't all of the Ecx 1/10 2wd vehicles use the same shock towers?

No. The Boost buggy, AMP MT and AMP DB all use the same front and rear shock towers. The trucks -- Circuit, Torment, Ruckus -- use a different design (and the Torment and Ruckus add on differnet body mounts).

Latest posts

Members online

Back