Bad batch of 1:18 servo mounts out there?

i_r_beej

I ordered parts to convert my Temper to 4WS. They arrived today (BTW, I don't think "Smart Post" really is. Next time I won't cheap out and I'll just spring the extr couple of dollars and save myself a several extra days of waiting.) and I discovered that ECX part number 211009 is TOO SMALL for standard-sized servos! I was raring to go and had everything in place. I just couldn't believe it when the servo wouldn't fit! What the what?! :D

It's about 5mm too narrow at the mounting tabs. And the tabs were mounted BACKWARDS. Not sure what's up and it'll be Monday before there's anyone at HH customer service to take a call.

Check out the photo below. You can see the mounting tabs just don't line up with the servo tabs.ecx_temper_servo_mount.jpg

Last edited:
This is going to drive me bonkers. I called HH today and spoke with customer service. They didn't understand what I was saying and I could tell they thought this was just a case of mistaken part identity. No, this is the correct part number, no this is not a part that was in the incorrect bin. This was labeled as a 1:18 Temper servo mount, it has the correct part number but it is TOO SMALL.

In the end they refunded my money, but I still need the servo mount. So I decided to roll the dice and order another servo mount from HH.

So we'll see what arrives...

Second servo mount arrived from HH and it was the correct part! I don't know what's up with the smaller part and have NO IDEA what servo would fit. In the attached photo, you can see both parts, (ECX211009) side by side. They are most definitely NOT interchangeable: The correct part is on the left and the incorrect part is on the right.

ecx211009-A-B.jpg

Must have been a packaging error. Might be good to let Horizon know that this has happened now that you have definitive proof.

I don't know about packaging error. The photo on HH's site LOOKS just like the "bad" part. When I ordered I figured that maybe it was a revised design, but once out of the bag, it was just too small!

I've emailed HH's customer service with the photos, so hopefully they can figure out what's going on.

Man i hope i get the right i had my lhs order one today your right the one in the photo dose look worng

@Brandyn , let us know what version of the servo mount you get. I sent a message and a couple of photos to HH and they responded that they hadn't gotten any other complaints so hopefully mine was just an isolated incident.

Man i hope i get the right i had my lhs order one today

So they sent me the worng one too my lhs got on the phone with them and was told they no longer make it makes no sence

Holy cow! Take a photo and send it to their customer service address. When I did that they said they hadn't gotten any other complaints. I think they need to hear about this.

I don't know what kind of servo would even fit in that mount!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back