Barrage....Kit!

Indeed those upgrades sound really nice. I hope they work in practice too. There was some criticism about the inboard shocks.

That said, when I look at my Axial SCX10 G6, supposedly the bee's knees... When I articulate the front, the sides of the servo hit the chassis... But when an ECX looks unconventional, people decide it's a pile of under designed rubbish.

Yeah it sure is nice that ECX did a crawler/scaler kit. I might pick one of the kits up for my youngest daughter and build it with her. Also agree with xlDooM; I have an Axial Wraith and bought it as a kit. The whole thing cost me about 400$ after the smoke cleared, after electronics. However, I have to sink in another 400$ to upgrade it.

I don't mind doing that as that's all part of our wonderful hobby. However, most of the Wraith is plastic, for more than half of what it will cost me to upgrade all of that to heavy duty parts, I could get 1 Redcat Everest 10 crawler that has all the metal parts on it where I want them, or one of the ECX Barrage kits which also has said metal parts...

I do wish some of these "top end names" wouldn't be held as the standard. All of the budget companies are doing some really awesome things. I don't compete in RC and just have a good time, so my vision might be a little skewed... but I've always felt the higher end stuff tends to be overrated at the end of the day. And the upgrade parts are more expensive in some cases =/ Just wish some RC'ers would disregard the budget companies because their stuff is "cheaper". An LHS owner told me I don't have to sink 1000$ into buying something off the shelf to have a good time.

While I'm no RC expert and still a noob for the most part, I think an RC is what you build it up to be, regardless of the platform, as long as you know what parts to upgrade.

Latest posts

Members online

Back