Barrage tires

Johnson

i have a ECX Barrage, and bought some after market tires. I was wondering if I should remove the foam inside the tires, would it make any difference rock crawling or mud bugging?

Ehh, it really depends. What tires, how stiff are the sidewalls, have you added any extra weight to your truck?
Personally I ran my Temper for a while without and now I've gone back.
Honestly I would say try it and see how you like it. Sometimes it's better without because the tire can flex and wrap itself around the object it's trying to climb over. Other times you want a stiffer tire (like when traversing sideways across a slope). So a lot depends on your truck, your terrain, your driving style and of course the tire.

On one of my trucks I run a smaller foam to allow some initial flex. On my racer I run oversized foam to make the tire harder.

You interested in selling those Falken Wildpeak tires for cheap? I have them on my fullsize truck and want a set of 1.9's for one of my trucks.

Ehh, it really depends. What tires, how stiff are the sidewalls, have you added any extra weight to your truck?
Personally I ran my Temper for a while without and now I've gone back.
Honestly I would say try it and see how you like it. Sometimes it's better without because the tire can flex and wrap itself around the object it's trying to climb over. Other times you want a stiffer tire (like when traversing sideways across a slope). So a lot depends on your truck, your terrain, your driving style and of course the tire.

On one of my trucks I run a smaller foam to allow some initial flex. On my racer I run oversized foam to make the tire harder.

You interested in selling those Falken Wildpeak tires for cheap? I have them on my fullsize truck and want a set of 1.9's for one of my trucks.
I'm running those falkens from my barrage on my temper right now. I cut out about a quarter of the foam along time ago but they still work great I might remove more idk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back