i have BRUSHED MOTOR in my MT & want to run a 5500mah LIPO Battery

i need a LOW VOLTAGE METER so i don't wreak the LIPO

i found one online is it RIGHT for my 1/10 AMP ECX MT with LI[PO battery

thank you

Attachments

• HTB1jejbHFXXXXa7aXXXq6xXFXXXm.jpg
    HTB1jejbHFXXXXa7aXXXq6xXFXXXm.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 4
Yes that one is perfect. Your 2s LiPo will have a 3 pin balance lead, plug it into the bottom three pins labelled "-" to "2s" and it will work.

can you show me where it gose in my car from the photo
i don't know what you mean -- will have a 3 pin balance lead, plug it into the bottom three pins labelled "-" to "2s"
thanks

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 5
I have stuck my low voltage alarm to the top of the battery holding plate (the gray plastic cross-shaped thing that says "ECXRC" on it).

The balance lead is the little white connector in this image, on the left side:
753600218640_44872.jpg
You put that connector over the first three pins of the low voltage alarm.

From duratrax.com but I don't know if it's any good, I just pulled that image off google :)

Dynamite, Kinexis, Venom are all fine brands. Same for Onyx. It is important that you also use a LiPo compatible charger. DO NOT charge a LiPo with a charger intended only for NiMh (or NiCd or any other chemistry that isn't Lithium-type!) You'll ruin the battery and could potentially cause it to burst into flame.

Do you have a local hobby/RC store? Visit them and ask for advice and their help to get you set up.

I just purchased a lipo battery and the x1 charger, however, according to the display, I appears to be over charging it. The battery is charging at 2amps, is a 2s, and isn't getting hot, is this normal?

I just purchased a LiPo battery and the x1 charger, however, according to the display, I appears to be over charging it. The battery is charging at 2amps, is a 2s, and isn't getting hot, is this normal?

What size battery is it? I assume around 5000mAh? If so, it can be charged at 5A. A safe rule for charging LiPo is 1C. So, 1 x capacity (5000mAh) = 5A.

It's a 5200. The charger, and the lhs both recommended that I charge it at 2amps for the first few charges. I was also told that this particular battery can be charged at over 10 amps

It's a 5200. The charger, and the lhs both recommended that I charge it at 2amps for the first few charges. I was also told that this particular battery can be charged at over 10 amps

Possible, I'd check the battery specs before charging at 2c though.

With the Hitec X1, if you set it to LiPo Balance charge, press start, and then adjust the max current to 5.2A, the charger will take care of the rest. At the start, the charger will increase the charge current up to 5.2A, stay there for a while and then begin to decrease as the battery approaches a full charge. Sounds like your LHS may have given you some misleading advice.

5200 mAh, 2c charge rate 2s lipo. I found out from the hobby shop the the 7.4v lipos can be charged up to around 8.4v. I was just freaking out

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I don't think the X1 is capable of 10A charging. I think it's max 6A.

You are correct: both the X1 Mini and X1 AC Plus max at 6A.

I found out from the hobby shop the the 7.4v lipos can be charged up to around 8.4v. I was just freaking out
The maximum voltage of each cell in a LiPo pack is 4.2V (x2= 8.4V). The minimum (sort of) safe discharge is 3V per cell, (6V total). Actually I've observed a noticeable fall off in the performance of my cars when pack voltage reaches about 7.2V.

Anyway... here's a really useful primer on LiPo terminology.

Actually I've observed a noticeable fall off in the performance of my cars when pack voltage reaches about 7.2V.

Ditto, Pretty sure all my LVA are set to 3.7V. Besides, if you stop at that voltage it's a very safe spot for storage if you can't get back to drive it for a while.

Thank you all for the advice. I'm still hesitant about using lipo, after all the horror stories I have heard, and read. I also know that there are a lot of fail-safes now, though.

Thank you all for the advice. I'm still hesitant about using LiPo, after all the horror stories I have heard, and read. I also know that there are a lot of fail-safes now, though.

Yes, there is a stigma with LiPo batteries. However, when looked into I'm sure there will be a common component to most issues. Care was not taken. As long as you respect the situation you'll be fine.

People treat LiPo like it's dynamite. haha Not even close. :D

I respect them so much, that I bought the hotel 1x mini charger, and there Kevlar charging bag.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back