What is the runtime of stock 1800mah battery?

Stahlhut

Hi, any of you know what is the runtime on the Stock NiMH 1800mah? I ordered this for my 5 year Old, and I think I will turn the speed down 50%, I think that’s possible on the controller? What would run time be then? Any idea?
Just wondering if I should get a LiPo right away, or he will be able to get 15-20 min out of the stock battery?
Thanks a lot!

On mine, i was getting 20 minutes or so on a 5000mah nihm battery, that was on full power. My models are older, not sure if the new ones can do the 50% throttle. I would suggest buying a couple more batteries, and a new more capable charger. If you go with lipos, do alot of reading/research on them, as extra steps and precautions need to be taken with lipo vs nihm.

Turn down the throttle rate adjustment on the controller under the cover. That way you can tune it to exactly how much power you want.

It will do 10-12 minutes at full power if you are a little easy on the throw and not running on a high drag surface like grass. Five is pretty young, I suspect the battery will last longer than a 5 year old’s attention span. ?

My six year old bought an Amp DB with his savings and gets plenty of time out of the stock battery. He runs it at full power on concrete and grass. He only had it turned down for one battery run until he got the hang of it. I charge it on a Traxxas charger, so it doesn't take long to recharge. I do plan on grabbing a bigger NiMh battery so he has a second one ready.

I bought a 3600mah as a second battery and my 8 year old nephew perfers to be chased by the rc than use it... but its a great upgrade for cheap!

Members online

No members online now.
Back