Beginning of the parts problems?

VonDave

Hey everyone!
Just something that makes me a bit... anxious I guess.
I haven't really seen new stuff coming out from ECX in a while now. Sure, the Crush, Fire truck and Brutus are the "new" big scale cars, but...
Ever since the 1/10 4WD platform, there hasn't been anything out that's really new. Chassis, suspension arms, etc: all the same old parts going around with new bodies doesn't make things really new to me. I know, every brand does it, but it seems ECX has truly mastered the game if you know what I mean.
The great thing about it is the fact that you can change the Ruckus to Crush to Brutus to Torment with a minimal amount of parts and have a completely other car.

Thing is that the last releases by ECX make it feel sort of rushed. We all know the 2WD Stampede; that platform has been used for a ton of things. Seeing the Gravedigger body on that chassis is a bit of a no-no for me personally. It feels rushed, unfinished and to be blunt: effortless. Just a quick and easy way to use the Gravedigger hype to make a quick buck.
Same goes for the Brutus IMO...
That style of cars really needs it's own platform.

Development cost could be a reason for doing it like ECX has done, but here is where it gets really sour for me:
NOT investing in a new platform saves money, I get it. And yes: the current Ruckus/ Torment/ Crush etc (2WD) chassis is very good and durable.Not to forget: FUN!!!
That's why I'm feeling kinda weary about what the future has in store for us.
I have recently fitted the Remo Hobby wheelie bars on both our Ruckusses. The plan is to do the same on our Circuits. We will be needing ECX2011 and ECX2013.
Or do we????
In the Netherlands where I live, the ECX2011 has been changed! In order to get the rear engine cover/ mount/ thingamajig I need to order ECX2007.
No problem, but getting the ECX2013 is proving to be a pain in the rear end...
Most stores say that it's impossible to get it in stock.
ECX2007/2011: no problem. Limited stock, but available.
I have ordered the parts from 4 (yes, FOUR) different stores, but all of them were unable to get them. At the time of typing, it has been a good 3.5 weeks already since I've tried to order them.
Today I found a different store; I haven't heard they cannot get it yet, so we'll see how it turns out.

Even ebay seems to be dried up when it comes to ECX2013. I usuallu go on the .com domain, but: no parts. The .nl domain: no parts. On the German domain, I can seem to buy them, but the sellers that have it, do NOT send international.
I even made an account on horizon hobby. The problem there is that I cannot change my location to anything OUTSIDE the USA...

This makes me wonder what parts are the next to go...
Some bodies cannot be bought, ECX wheels and tyres etc.
Some ebay sellers that used to have RPM items for ECX have now purged their stock it seems.
I know, even when you bash your ECX cars hard, the amount of damage is minimal. The things that really need an immediate upgrade on the 2WD are the diffs and rear axles.
I yet have to break a suspension arm on one of my cars! I know, my son has wrecked 2 sets of front arms from his Boost, but that's it.
And, in four years of having ECX cars, we only wrecked 3 caster blocks and spindles.
This makes me want to keep using and buying ECX cars only. They are tough as nails, look great and are loads of fun to drive!
To maintain the cars is a breeze as well, but it would be nice to have the parts readily available.

Damn, just looking back, it's a looooooong post again, sorry!

Does anyone here know if Horizon is going to continue or discontinue the ECX 1/10 line?
I for one would really hate to see it go.

-Dave

If you need to have horizon hobby send them to me in the us, then I’ll forward them
To you no prob. . Or if you need a us handler... I’m glad to assist. I’m not a store front.. just a fan of the Ruckus and torment.. good fun for me (and the kids.!)

If you need to have horizon hobby send them to me in the us, then I’ll forward them
To you no prob. . Or if you need a us handler... I’m glad to assist. I’m not a store front.. just a fan of the Ruckus and torment.. good fun for me (and the kids.!)
Thanks for the offer!
I will surely make use of it when the time comes when the parts are not available over here.
Cheers!

-Dave

Thanks for the info!
I have been on the site to see what they sell, and I have to day that their assortment looks good.
I've bookmarked the site and will see if they ship internationally.

-Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back