Boost ECX3100 rear driveshaft broke. Anyone know of a compatible replacement?

Today I was bashing at the park with my grandson and I broke my Boost rear driveshaft (partnum ECX3011). Every site I have gone to says discontinued or out of stock. Anyone know of a compatible driveshaft from another ECX model or even a non-ECX model that I could use? Maybe I can cut down a longer one to the right size since one side just slips into the other. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Heyitsme

Maybe I can cut down a longer one to the right size since one side just slips into the other. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.
If your comfortable with cutting the drive shaft I believe this is your best bet cut down one made for the Circuit/Amp/Torment/Ruckus.

If your into modifying you can go with Traxxas drive shafts change the whole drive shafts out all together easier and sometimes cheaper to get Traxxas parts. Not positive but Traxxas bandit drive shafts might work the male and female sliders are switched around but the length might be right. Slight modification needed to use Traxxas drive shafts. Bandit drive shafts https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TRAXXA...rxgU:sc:USPSFirstClass!36109!US!-1:rk:46:pf:0

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks much for the info. I was in my local hobby shop over the weekend and they told me that the newer Boost driveshaft (Partnum ecx232004) was compatible with the older Boost buggies. They dug around in their box of ECX parts and found a set - expensive $20 - but I got it home and it did fit great. There are some online sites that are saying that the part is for 2nd generation buggies, but it turns out that it is compatible with 1st gen buggies too. Just wanted to pass on the information.

kruzracing169

You can use stock torment, Etc as listed above. Just trim the shaft down. Use your stock boost as a measurement, or a caliper to get the exact length. I did it for a buddy's boost.
I am in the process of experimenting with dog bone rear boost driveshafts. I will post an update.