Brand new temper owner

Brandyn

Breaking in my new temper so excited!!! Ordered parts for 4 wheel steering from my lhs when i picked it up today and stoped at the home improvement store and bought a 4×8 sheet of wood and some styrofoam to make an indoor crawler course :D1207161426a.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I got a Temper a few weeks ago and really love it. Coming from 2WD buggy racing I had no idea what I'd think of rock crawling but I love it! Please post photos of your crawler course when you get it finished!

I've been motivated to start moving rocks around in my back yard to create a "crawler garden."

Spun the battery plate and motor around mounted the esc/receiver underneath. Torque twist greatly improved front right tire just hops a lil now instead of lifting way up when making a hard right turn.

Last edited:
the motor flip is the best mod you can do (for a stock temper). I put 14mm wheel wideners and 1.9 wheels on mine and the front axle can rotate 180° from the rear. quite impressive!

Motor flip was a great mod wideners and tires in the works 4 wheel steering parts will be here wed :D

Get the Hobbywing Quicrun 1080 WP brushed ESC. I'll say that dollar for dollar it's probably the best upgrade you can make. As low speeds throttle control is huge and the 1080 makes the Temper feel like a much more expensive car!

Nothing is "waterproof". ;) "Water resistant" is much more appropriate terminology.

Yeah, the ESC and receiver might actually be "100% waterproof" since they're either coated or sealed in plastic/epoxy/whatever, the the gearbox and axles are definitely NOT waterproof. Maybe a splash, but they are not sealed AT ALL and the gears in the axle housings are metal. So they will rust. And the bearings are only have metal shields, not rubber seals, and will suffer from submerging.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back