Brushless Gearing

rrcrum

New to SCT trucks just ordered a 4300kv brushless for the Torment. Do I need to change spur or pinion. Any suggestions. Did order metal trans gears and upgraded drive shafts also in case they twist

kruzracing169

The motor purchased is a Goolrc 3650 4300kv with a 60amp esc.
Did you order the programmer? You will want the ESC programming card too.
I ran an 80amp ESC with 3800kv motor, my gearing is 87spur, 24 pinion.
Your going to have to just mess around. Digital temp gauge is your friend, to try and find the proper gearing.

Heyitsme

Heres my general advice when moving brushed to brushless start with the stock brushed pinion if you feel the need for more speed move up in pinion and as kruz suggested get IR temp gauge then try to keep motor temps below 160F. Gear up or down based on temps and how happy you are with the performance (but ultimately temps don't want to burn anything up applies to brushed as well).

rrcrum

Installed the Goolrc motor and Esc. Upgraded transmission to metal gears, driveshafts to HD slash and RPM arms and knuckles in preparation of some good fun. Only got 4 minutes out of it till ESC went up in smoke. Uuhgg

Heyitsme

Installed the Goolrc motor and Esc. Upgraded transmission to metal gears, driveshafts to HD slash and RPM arms and knuckles in preparation of some good fun. Only got 4 minutes out of it till ESC went up in smoke. Uuhgg
Well I am sorry you ended up as part of the " miss " club and not the hit because that's what the cheaper esc's are hit and miss. I have a OCDAY 80a in one one of my Rustlers now running a 3650 4300kv motor on 2s and 3s seems to be doing fine. I have a 120a Goolrc (waterproofed myself) in my Ruckus running a 3650 4300kv now was running a 3660 4300kv on 3s but kept breaking parts.

You can try a OCDAY 80a esc or spend more money on a quality esc like a Hobbywing.

IMG_20181027_222140.jpg SAM_0534.JPG

Last edited: