Brushless Motor

Ledged

For now, I'm still running a titan 12t, had it for little over a year so pretty sure its gonna die pretty soon :/
I have been looking at some mild brushless setups, I'm not really interested in 40+ mph as that'll certainly cause some parts to break instantaneously in my hands.

I have seen the Leopard 1/10 brushless combo for under 50$ on eBay recently and saw a video of Jang from URC ( sad he quit) running it, the problems were motor debonding but that was with the v1 version. The ones on eBay are all the v2 versions and those were released supposedly to fix that issue.

If you think this is an alright motor for money, what KV or TURNS do you think would suit for bashing around a 2.5 lbs (with lipo) ecx boost? Options are 3000kv, 3300kv, 3950kv, or 4370kv.

My gearing is 13/54 32p (only $15 on eBay, was from a stripped down axial wraith.

Example
https://www.ebay.com/p/SKYRC-Leopar...t-USA/1848835938?iid=232494546544#UserReviews

Video of the 4370kv leopard combo I found online

Other options to this would be a separate esc and motors. The only ones I could find that would compare pricewise was the track star 45a ESC and 2800kv motor, I heard that these electronics were pretty bad though from a yt named Aussie Rc Playground and in the video, it cogged and then later fried.

What do you guys think? Also sorry if I happen to be posting too much. This is basically the only forum I have.

3s and 4370 damn, that'all be fastt, I was thinking of getting the 3300 or 3930kv, concerned about heat and my driveshafts snapping if I install soemething. To fast.

No havent broke anything and pretty regular temps and iv been running this setup for over 2 years. Ya its fast and likes pulling back flips of jumps and wheelies at top speed.

Oh and i also run taller tires not the stock ribed front pin rears. Their close to 2.8s.

Currently running the 4370kv motor with 45amp esc in my sons amp on 2s doing roughly 35 mph (57kph clocked) its lots of fun
Gearing 87/21, doesn't get too hot on asphalt, grass gets it a bit hot to touch but not so hot it burns after 10 mins or so. Your gearing works out roughly the same. We were running the stock plastic gears and driveshafts with no issues. Just changed to metal geared tranny, not because we broke them, just because we could.

Planning on trying a 3s speed run with it next, should be nice and fast.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back