Brushless upgrade complete

Hot damn! someone else has done it too! just been out shooting footage of mine (With brushless). I fitted 4 wheel steering (Youtube step by step video available) and as I had to fit the second servo and needed new receiver I did brushless swop at the same time. I've just been out recording it. So editing now/ footage up today or tomorrow. BUT I BUST THE STEERING HUB! It just broke with the power. So in the meantime I've ordered some Al ones, these from Horizon Hobby - http://amzn.to/1Ojfk1D

I hope you guys can reply back soon, I've got a guy at work wanting to sell me a brushless motor and esc pair for $50. The motor is a dynamite fuze 4500kv. He said it came out of a 1/18th vaterra rally car. It is sensorless do u think it will work? Will I be happy with it? I'm supposed to meet him to pick it up in 2 hrs so........

I would say go for it. That should fit, can't say 100% without seeing/measuring it. That was the price I paid for my 2nd user losi setup. So the price is fair. Measure the diameter to check it's the same as there's ZERO room for a bigger diameter motor as the can touches the side plate as it is. Hopefully this message reaches you in time. I then fitted a Specktrum receiver (2 channel is about $19 new, 3 channel about $10 more)
Cheers
Richie

Ok I grabbed them. I wish I could get my factory reciever to work with it.

Go for a drive to your LHS and have a talk with the dudes behind the counter? They may know some tricks or offer cheap solutions?

Will tje spe ktrum reciever work with the transmitter that came with the temper? If so how? I can't find a "bind" button amywhere on it.

Ok so I had to purchase a spektrum reciever and transmitter to make it work. The motor is a 4500kv!!! This thing screams! It was awesome for about 5 minutes until I snapped the front drive shaft :-(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back