Can stock esc handle 15t 540 motor with 7cell nimh

That 7 cell burns out esc would recommend upgrading to this you can run 2s and 3s only drawback is you have to get new receiver and transmitter but run the stock one until the esc dies

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210409-225004_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210409-225004_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210409-225121_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210409-225121_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 9
Just clocked my stock amp mt with 8.4v 7cell doing 22mph. With 15t 540 motor upgrade hoping to clock in around 25-26.

I ran my stock esc on 2s lipo with a 13t 540 brushed motor and stock gearing and it was pretty fast, but the stock esc melted after two runs

I ran my stock esc on 2s lipo with a 13t 540 brushed motor and stock gearing and it was pretty fast, but the stock esc melted after two runs

That 7 cell burns out esc would recommend upgrading to this you can run 2s and 3s only drawback is you have to get new receiver and transmitter but run the stock one until the esc dies
When running 2s lipo and the stock ESC/Receiver combo blows smoke https://www.horizonhobby.com/ is pretty good at covering it under warranty if the car is fairly new and not tampered with. When I first got mine years ago the ESC combo fried after the first tiny puddle. I was able to have a new one sent out without any hassle.

#Goodcustomerservice

I have been running 2s with a 15T motor with the stock ESC and it has never failed. Guess I got one of the good ones. I did not get one of the good steering servos though LoL. That didn't last long at all...

I ran my AMP with a 7cell nimh and a traxxas 12t 550 motor and it did 26mph. That lasted a week and burned out the servo and esc. Has anyone put traxxas electronics on an AMP?

I ran mine on a 12T 550 @ 2S lipo with zero issues. I upgraded the ESC eventually but it was because it was just one I had sitting around and it had additional features like tunability with easing the power in and built in lipo alarm and cutoff.

I ran my AMP with a 7cell nimh and a traxxas 12t 550 motor and it did 26mph. That lasted a week and burned out the servo and esc. Has anyone put traxxas electronics on an AMP?
I have and its worked great so far! Have a traxxas rustler 4x4 that i upgraded to brushless. I took the XL5 esc and the Titan 12t motor and transplanted it into my MT! I have a 19t pinion and the stock 87t spur. I also installed a Traxxas waterproof receiver box and receiver. Im just added a Hot Racing heat sink and cooling fan to the motor. I didn't get much chance to test out the combo before winter hit but from what i did, it ripped for a brushed system! I can't wait for spring to get out and run it hard and see how it does and if the heatsink and fan help keep the motor cool!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back