castle sidewinder 3 esc

mattyd4201taim

so I have the castle combo 5700kv with the sidewinder3 esc.....the esc gets to hot after 5 min run time using a 20c 2s dynamite lipo. so the original on/off switch fried so I took the switch from the stock esc for the ecx amp and wired that switch to the esc...does anyone think that might be why its getting hot? I don't have a temp gun so not sure the exact temp but definitely to hot for my liking. motor doesn't get to warm btw.

The switch has no bearing on the temperature of the ESC. It simply toggles a voltage line to turn on the ESC.

You are likely over geared and in need of a larger pinion.

The switch has no bearing on the temperature of the ESC. It simply toggles a voltage line to turn on the ESC.

You are likely over geared and in need of a larger pinion.

ok.. I'm still using the stock gear for the amp mt.. what would you recommend? I think its an 18t pinion with an 87t spur

If the esc is getting way too hot and the motor isn’t even warm then it’s gearing.

What I have noticed with most motors (unfortunatly castles can be a bit confusing due to the torque control and automatic timing) is that having a pinion that’s too small tends to make the esc get really hot and the motor isn’t even warm.

When they are over geared all the electronics get hot.

Do you happen to have a fan on the esc?

If the esc is getting way too hot and the motor isn’t even warm then it’s gearing.

What I have noticed with most motors (unfortunatly castles can be a bit confusing due to the torque control and automatic timing) is that having a pinion that’s too small tends to make the esc get really hot and the motor isn’t even warm.

When they are over geared all the electronics get hot.

Do you happen to have a fan on the esc?

I don't yet! Plan on getting one. So would a 21t be better?

Members online

No members online now.
Back