Charging 1:24 Temper battery?

i_r_beej

Those of you with the 1:24 Temper (and possibly the other 1:24 ECX vehicles), how do you charge the NiMh battery?

I'm thinking about replacing the connector with something else, maybe a JST connector so that I can use my Hitec X1 to charge.

That's fantastic! There's still a lot for me to learn about the various connectors used in RC and I was having to do a visual search for that type of connector. I wasn't having any luck so I figured I'd convert to something seemingly more common. I don't mind soldering, but saving a bit of money and time is a win-win.

Thanks!

@X thanks for finding that charge lead. It arrived over the weekend and I was able to get a full charge into the (tiny) batteries. The "convenient USB charger" might be convenient, but it never fully charged the batteries. Now the tiny Temper is getting more power and longer runtimes.

Interestingly, either the Venom lead was wired backward or my Temper is backward. (It was a trivial fix, so no worries there.)

@X thanks for finding that charge lead. It arrived over the weekend and I was able to get a full charge into the (tiny) batteries. The "convenient USB charger" might be convenient, but it never fully charged the batteries. Now the tiny Temper is getting more power and longer runtimes.

Interestingly, either the Venom lead was wired backward or my Temper is backward. (It was a trivial fix, so no worries there.)

Glad it worked for ya. Stock chargers never last more than being taken out of the box for me. Not the first time I've seen batteries/ leads wired differently. Good thing you checked first!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back