Confirm Screw Thread

hoowahfun

Can anyone confirm the thread pitch on the M3 flathead screws used on the machine? They're called out as M3 sized screws, but when I check the threads to metric sizes it doesn't seem to be metric. 1mm threads are the closest, but after a few they start to get off track. I found that 24 threads/inch was basically an exact match which seems odd on an M3 screw. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Those are the dimensions if you change them out to true metric machine threaded screws, but the ones that come with the kit are some kind of self-tapping screw. You might be right that they're not even metric. I'm not sure.

I ended up swapping all mine out to true metric machine screws.

Machine screws are so much better in every way. No self-respecting RC car comes with those self-tapping type anymore.

How has that held up so far? Any issues with the "grab" of machine screws as opposed to a self-tapping type?

I have switched some of my self tapping screws with machine thread on my Ruckus and Circuit no issues yet for me. I wouldn't go back and forth using self tapping machine thread then self tapping again though. You end up cutting new thread when changing but the plastics seem to be able to not get stripped out when switching.

You won't find any issues with machine fine thread screws. Fine thread machine screws are used for vibration and hard knocks. They are much much better then the self- tapping screws that are used.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back