Converting ECX AMP to SCT RACER !!

psychoecx

Good afternoon folks. Was wondering the least cost effective way to try to convert my AMP to a SCT Race Truck. I see chassis extenders from aftermarket companies but do you need that or just the OEM stock chassis from a Tourment to convert. We have a series at our local track that has a silver can race series and would love to use my AMP as its just sitting around and doing nothing. I know I will need a SCTR body and I believe the Tourment Body mounts and change up the tires but was wondering what is needed to make it into a SCT Racer, thanks.

First off, check the rules, and/or talk to the club about how "stock" stock should be. Are conversions allowed.
I dont know if that matters at all or not, but I would ask before i did anything.
Also note the wheelbase is different between a Amp and a Torment about 1.5". So any body you get if it already has the wheel arch's cut out you may need to "massage" them to fit......

I mean not to get too technical, but some tracks a certain motor and ESC id stock enough. Whereas other tracks, the vehicle must be right out of the box stock, and yeah I know there is a gray area there.

100% look up the rules first. Wheelbase and track width are two of the most meaningful modifications you can do in any form of racing (along with weight reduction and ride height), so they are often the most heavily regulated.

Latest posts

Members online

Back