Discontinued ESC

closedsundays

I bought a used 1/10 scale 2WD Ruckus. It seems to not be able to brake hardly at all. Also, it doesn’t turn very tight despite having a new upgraded steering servo.
The ESC that is in it is one that is now discontinued. It is a DYNS2211. I have been trying to find a manual for it to see if there are programming options to help it’s braking situation. I’m not sure how to address the steering problem. I do not have the original transmitter or receiver.
Any thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

kruzracing169

Find an 1/10 scale brushed ESC. You do not need exact same brand.

Adjust your radio steering trim. If you have the DX2E spektrum remote, far right dial.

Otherwise

closedsundays

Thanks for the replies. The steering rate on the transmitter is not the problem. It seems to turn the wheels sharp when I am holding it in my hand but when it is on the ground (stationary or moving), it doesn’t turn very tight. It’s like there is a limit set to how tight it can turn. I don’t know if that makes sense. I am new to this. The transmitter I’m using is a Flysky GT5 (which has lots of customizable options that I’ve never touched).

Steve g

Still have the stock servo saver in? If so its just limiting your steering from the resistance of the ground while still. You can get a better saver (hotracing) or servo saver eliminator (rpm) if its not steering well while driving. I have the eliminator, much better steering, but did break a 20kg steel geared servo in a crazy crash, so if you are a hard basher/ crasher, might want to go with a better servo saver.

closedsundays

Still have the stock servo saver in? If so its just limiting your steering from the resistance of the ground while still. You can get a better saver (hotracing) or servo saver eliminator (rpm) if its not steering well while driving. I have the eliminator, much better steering, but did break a 20kg steel geared servo in a crazy crash, so if you are a hard basher/ crasher, might want to go with a better servo saver.
Yes, I’m still using the stock servo saver. Perhaps, I’ll look into a better one. Thanks for the suggestion.

kruzracing169

I recommend RPM......

PowerHD servo is plenty for ALL ECX models, no need for much more then that.

Here is an link for your Radio and receiver, Redcat uses this setup for their stock electronics. Start from the beginning for setting your radio to your car. Your obviously bound, move past that part.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.redcatracing.com/manuals/FS-GT5%20User%20manual%2020170914.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjYrNS5up_lAhVJX60KHShrCQoQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1xiMGyPzssK9NLKpdGMZUk

Calibration could be off......

End points could be off........

Just read over it.....otherwise take body off and compare steering when sitting off ground to where it's sitting on the ground. Something might be hitting.
Watch servo horn movement.....you can't just blame radio/servo for problem.

Good luck!

WithinU

The steering servo saver could be worn out, or extremely loose, that's probably why it doesn't turn as sharp when it is sitting on the ground.
Just too much slop/looseness in the servo saver, while the new stronger servo compounds it.
Just a thought.