Discontinued ESC

closedsundays

I bought a used 1/10 scale 2WD Ruckus. It seems to not be able to brake hardly at all. Also, it doesn’t turn very tight despite having a new upgraded steering servo.
The ESC that is in it is one that is now discontinued. It is a DYNS2211. I have been trying to find a manual for it to see if there are programming options to help it’s braking situation. I’m not sure how to address the steering problem. I do not have the original transmitter or receiver.
Any thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• EB903492-0A2A-4703-8B54-2D7A9E3C201F.jpeg
    EB903492-0A2A-4703-8B54-2D7A9E3C201F.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12
Find an 1/10 scale brushed ESC. You do not need exact same brand.

Adjust your radio steering trim. If you have the DX2E spektrum remote, far right dial.

Otherwise

Thanks for the replies. The steering rate on the transmitter is not the problem. It seems to turn the wheels sharp when I am holding it in my hand but when it is on the ground (stationary or moving), it doesn’t turn very tight. It’s like there is a limit set to how tight it can turn. I don’t know if that makes sense. I am new to this. The transmitter I’m using is a Flysky GT5 (which has lots of customizable options that I’ve never touched).

"new upgraded steering servo" - which servo? Could be new but a model with not enough torque.

Still have the stock servo saver in? If so its just limiting your steering from the resistance of the ground while still. You can get a better saver (hotracing) or servo saver eliminator (rpm) if its not steering well while driving. I have the eliminator, much better steering, but did break a 20kg steel geared servo in a crazy crash, so if you are a hard basher/ crasher, might want to go with a better servo saver.

Still have the stock servo saver in? If so its just limiting your steering from the resistance of the ground while still. You can get a better saver (hotracing) or servo saver eliminator (rpm) if its not steering well while driving. I have the eliminator, much better steering, but did break a 20kg steel geared servo in a crazy crash, so if you are a hard basher/ crasher, might want to go with a better servo saver.
Yes, I’m still using the stock servo saver. Perhaps, I’ll look into a better one. Thanks for the suggestion.

I recommend RPM......

PowerHD servo is plenty for ALL ECX models, no need for much more then that.

Here is an link for your Radio and receiver, Redcat uses this setup for their stock electronics. Start from the beginning for setting your radio to your car. Your obviously bound, move past that part.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.redcatracing.com/manuals/FS-GT5%20User%20manual%2020170914.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjYrNS5up_lAhVJX60KHShrCQoQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1xiMGyPzssK9NLKpdGMZUk

Calibration could be off......

End points could be off........

Just read over it.....otherwise take body off and compare steering when sitting off ground to where it's sitting on the ground. Something might be hitting.
Watch servo horn movement.....you can't just blame radio/servo for problem.

Good luck!

The steering servo saver could be worn out, or extremely loose, that's probably why it doesn't turn as sharp when it is sitting on the ground.
Just too much slop/looseness in the servo saver, while the new stronger servo compounds it.
Just a thought.

I have purchased the servo saver eliminator from RPM: https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...ecx-boost-2wd-ruckus-2wd-circuit-2wd-torment/
It says that I might want to add another servo saver to it. They recommend to get one made by Kimbrough Racing Products. When I go to their site, I'm not sure which one would work? Maybe this?: http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29904

I have ran the RPM steering in 2 buggies and 2 SCTs with upgraded servos, no issues. My opinion, don't waste the money on that other saver part. Put money towards an better servo if you are still running stock. Saver or no saver, stock servo will still go out.

Again, I run the RPM just the way it is.

I have ran the RPM steering in 2 buggies and 2 SCTs with upgraded servos, no issues. My opinion, don't waste the money on that other saver part. Put money towards an better servo if you are still running stock. Saver or no saver, stock servo will still go out.

Again, I run the RPM just the way it is.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate it as I am new to this. The first change I made in the Ruckus was to install a 20kg Power HD servo with metal gears. I am hoping the RPM servo saver eliminator will further help with my steering issues and not pose too much a threat to damaging the servo. If you think it’ll be alright with no additional saver, I’m glad to hear it as tracking down the right one and potentially having to make a mod seems a pain.

I have the same PowerHD servo, going on just over 2 solid years with the RPM steering.IMG_20191029_175930783.jpg

I have the aluminum servo horn too.

Honestly, your good.

I have the same PowerHD servo, going on just over 2 solid years with the RPM steering.View attachment 5565

I have the aluminum servo horn too.

Honestly, your good.
What kind of aluminum horn? I never thought that far. Will I need something different than what’s on it now (plastic stock). Also, on the RPM setup, did you replace the bushings with bearings or just keep them the way they came?

What kind of aluminum horn? I never thought that far. Will I need something different than what’s on it now (plastic stock). Also, on the RPM setup, did you replace the bushings with bearings or just keep them the way they came?
Just get the normal straight horn. What determines which horn, is your splines on your servo. 23T, 24T, or 25T. There is nothing wrong with the plastic, they just break or splines strip out.

Just keep it how RPM had it, it will do just fine. Do not over tighten any of the screws during assembly, you want it to move with ease. All I did was use an hobby knife and clean the little burrs off the plastic bushings. I'm kinda particular with my stuff.

Here is the style I run in my ECXs. I would have given part number, then again your spline changes which one.

s-l640.jpg

I also use the RPM servo eliminator kit on 3 torments and have had 0 issues.
I think you are fine using the stock servo horn, as long as it fits the new servo.
Like Kruz said the splines "could" be different.
I would install the RPM eliminator kit, and then hold off on the servo horn.
But then again nothing says you can't upgrade the servo horn at the same time.
I probably will at some point down the road, do I have too? No.

I also use the RPM servo eliminator kit on 3 torments and have had 0 issues.
I think you are fine using the stock servo horn, as long as it fits the new servo.
Like Kruz said the splines "could" be different.
I would install the RPM eliminator kit, and then hold off on the servo horn.
But then again nothing says you can't upgrade the servo horn at the same time.
I probably will at some point down the road, do I have too? No.
The RPM eliminator kit arrived and I installed it.
Quick question.. before installing the kit, with the power off, I used to be able to grab a wheel and manually steer it side to side with ease and it would move fairly freely. Now that the kit is on, it can't really turn by hand. Is this normal or something I need to adjust. When powered on, the unit seems to function normally and certainly turns sharper than it did previously. I haven't had a chance to try it outside yet as it has snowed considerably the past few days.
Thanks for all the help you guys have been giving me.

Sounds to me your possibly to tight with something. Unhook servo horn from steering linkage. Does it move with ease?
If no, theres an too tight screw somewhere.
If yes, then your good.

Sounds to me your possibly to tight with something. Unhook servo horn from steering linkage. Does it move with ease?
If no, theres an too tight screw somewhere.
If yes, then your good.
Thanks. I will check that out. I'm thinking that something must be off as now when I tried it in a more wide open area (just moment ago), it will not travel straight. It pulls hard to the right. So much so that it only goes straight with the steering trim turned all the way to one side.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back