Duratrax SX501WP servo

Biz73

I had a code from Tower for $10 off of a $50 order, and had $40 in worth of tires to buy, so I added on to get $10 off of something I may need. As you may know, Towers in stock list is pretty sparse right now, but I found this servo. It is waterproof, digital, and has metal gears. It has the same spline count as Futaba, so you can use servo savers meant for them. I haven't given it a full run yet, but it seemed to work fine just running out in front of my house a couple minutes.
Now, the reason for my post is that it says they are made in the USA. For those that appreciate this, it might be worth trying when you need a new servo. Their tire packages say made in Taiwan, and they can get into trouble listing it wrong, so chances are it's true. Only $24.99, not bad.
Hope this helps someone.

I have no idea. From the link, it looks like they've discontinued, so I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Wow. That was fast.
According to the product listing:
SPECIFICATIONS Dimensions: 1.6 x 0.77 x 1.4" (40.3 x 19.5 x 35.9mm)
Weight: 1.94oz (55g) without horns attached
Specs such as torque and speed not supplied by manufacturer

Really.

I know, I found that pretty odd. I haven't had a chance to give it a good run, but it seemed fine for the 2 mins I ran it out front. I keep hearing about the stock servos giving up, so I figured I try this out for the metal gear strength. I'll find out soon enough ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back