ECX 1/24th scale 4WD Ruckus and Torment trucks

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
ecx-rc-ruckus-torment-1-24.jpg

ECX has released 1/24th scale versions of their popular 4WD Ruckus monster truck and Torment short course trucks. Both come completely ready-to-run with everything you need in one box at an affordable price!
  • Oil shocks
  • 220mAh NiMH battery with USB charger
  • 2.4GHz radio system
  • Brushed micro motor
  • Shaft driven 4wd
  • Realistic bumpers
  • Bottom load battery
  • 2-n-1 ESC/receiver

Part Numbers:
ECX00014T2 - Black and red 1/24th ECX Torment
ECX00014T1 - Black and orange 1/24th ECX Torment
ECX00013T2 - Blue and white 1/24th ECX Ruckus
ECX00013T1 - Black and white 1/24th ECX Ruckus

MSRP: $79.00

Anyone know of those 1/24 ruckus wheels are the D-shape shaft holes like the losi micros? I'm digging those wheels.

If you figure this out, let me know. When I first saw those wheels that was the thought I had too, to go on my micro SCTE.

Looks like they aren't available yet, but here is the part# and price for them.

upload_2015-10-6_8-23-38.png

The setup on these are pretty similar to the Losi micro brushed counterparts. From the many YouTube reviews I had viewed, the trucks fun factor really comes in brushless lipo setup. Just a tad to slow for many owners likings.

I found that even with brushless 2s, I get bored pretty quick. 3s is where it's at. Just need plenty sets of tires. Luckily for these, they should only be about $5 a set. Losi will run about $10 but i beleive are softer compound and have beadlocks. I need to find the link again to verify this.

I can almost kill a losi set on one 3s pack all high speed large radius turns at top speed (30ish). Thsee trucks handle pretty good for what they are with a little tlc to the suspension.

Make a brushless of this rtr and I'll buy it for us. Sorry, already been spoiled and cant take a step back. I'm But at the price, I might have to gift to lure some people back to the hobby. Most of the people I know that would be interested are in the same boat I am. 1/10 and bigger is just to big to store. Until you get sucked in with these cool micros.

Sure comparing the two trucks works. But comparing the prices are two different things. I did feel the Losi was kind of a rediculous price for such a small car. I only got it because that's what was available at my lhs and I wanted it now and money wasn't a factor that weekend. I was in a hurry to introduce my son to the world of rc and tinkering. He's not wrenching yet, but I catch him with the a truck turned over watching the drive shafts move and the servos actuate. Glad to see there is competition in the micro market again. That's a good sign.

Last edited:
Anyone know of those 1/24 ruckus wheels are the D-shape shaft holes like the losi micros? I'm digging those wheels.

Looks like they are in stock now. Time to see if they work for the Losi Micro SCTE.

upload_2015-10-29_15-12-5.png

Can you run a 1 cell or 2 cell lipo in these trucks? Not sure if the esc can handle it so thought I'd ask before trying. Thx

The esc does not have a low voltage alarm so you'd need to buy an external one however it can handle the 2s voltage I think (8.4 volts max)

That sounds good. Any idea on good batteries that would work with the battery tray and connectors. I don't have the truck yet so I'm sure I'll figure something out when it arrives this week. In the meantime if you have any recommendations, just let me know.

Gens ace are good I hear and maxamps. Just make sure for right connectors

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back