Ecx amp brakes

sambo1988

hi all

I have just brought an amp and the brakes seem very week.
• is there a way the setup the esc
• it does brake but takes a long time to stop. Should it not lock the wheels up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I believe it should lock the wheels up. It's been a while since I ran stock electronics but I'm pretty sure mine did out of the box.

You may try to recalibrate the throttle range, as per the ECX manual:
Ensure proper ESC function by calibrating the ESC to your transmitter inputs.
1. Power OFF the ESC.
2. Ensure your transmitter is powered ON, the throttle is not reversed, the throttle trim is neutral and the throttle travel range is at 100%.
3. Keep the throttle at neutral and power ON the ESC.
4. The ESC automatically calibrates the throttle range after 3 seconds.5. One long beep will sound when the ESC is ready to run

Hi thanks for the reply I have done the re cal but didn't make much difference it does stop just not great.
Maybe I'm expecting to much out of it comparing it to my Hpi Bullet but it is good fun. Think I will defiantly upgrade to brushless at some point.

Thanks

Sam

If you are on a high-traction surface (like asphalt) then the tires will have too much traction to "lock up" and skid. Neither my Boost nor AMP will lock up the rear wheels unless I'm driving on a loose surface like dirt or gravel. They both will do a "quick slow down" instead of a a full-on tire screeching stop. :)

The number of turns of wires in the motor and the ESC settings (from the factory) will affect the braking characteristics. So your HPI is using different equipment and thus will brake differently. The AMP is using a cheap little ESC and a cheap little 540 motor. :)

Hmm mine skids round on tarmac if I brake with any steering applied, but it is under 4 degrees celsius (40F) outside, which probably helps with breaking traction.

Thanks for that is explains it better.

It is as you say skids with a turn on loose gravel but comes to a quick steady stop on tarmac.
The car is for my son he is only 4 so the duel rate will be turned down for him meaning it won't need to stop to quickly.
When he is ready for a quicker car I will install the brushless system.

Thanks

Sam

Thanks for that is explains it better.

It is as you say skids with a turn on loose gravel but comes to a quick steady stop on tarmac.
The car is for my son he is only 4 so the duel rate will be turned down for him meaning it won't need to stop to quickly.
When he is ready for a quicker car I will install the brushless system.

Thanks

Sam

You'll have that dual rate turned all the way up in no time. ;) My son, 4 as well, didn't even make it through his first run with it turned down....haha Kept saying "dad make it faster!"

You are bang on the money there mate.
I have just got back from the park after his first run and within 10min it was all the way up.

Brushless my be coming quicker than I thought.

Thanks Sam

Is the esc set up for braking adjustments? On my ruckus the esc is adjustable. When I first had run the lipo I hit the brakes in a straight away and the thing tumbled like dust bunny in a wind storm. Had to turn it down to half way

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back