ECX AMP MT Slipping Clutch

MMarshRC

So I've recently upgraded to a 2150kv Brushless motor, with an 80amp ESC. Evrything runs good and works perfect, except for the clutch. I have the hex nut maxed out in tightness, but yet it still slips. You cant punch the throttle without it slipping. But i can ease into top speed. Im really lost as to what I can do. The nut is maxxed out and still slipping.

Im running an Associate 48P 47T spur, and 13T 48P pinion gears.

Attachments

• IMG_20180323_230646_088.jpg
    IMG_20180323_230646_088.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 16
Can't help you but these numbers sound insane. Are you trying to pull a real car out of a ditch with so much torque?

Can't help you but these numbers sound insane. Are you trying to pull a real car out of a ditch with so much torque?

LMAO no. Just love doing wheelies, before clutch slip it would pull a wheelie even when near top speed. Just can't keep it from slipping now.

15220957914971084134275.jpg

pick up a new slipper set for the spur, if its slipping and at full lock, then the pads are bad/melted and no longer provide its use.

ya think I can wheelie with a 3000kv geared really low? I dont have room for speed.

The ecx amp mt chassic is really light. Add a lipo and heavy brushless motor in the back and you'll carry the front end all day.

You could try reversing the washers / clutch plate (so the side that touches the pad is the one that used to be on the outside, could help if their are warped a bit.

Was reading a thread on the Traxxas forum about drag cars. They were talking about how the pads won't hold the torque

"Running 3s so had the need to run the metal pads on the slipper. The fiber pads fully locked up couldn't hold the power because of prepped track and traction compound."

Maybe this is your issue?

Was reading a thread on the Traxxas forum about drag cars. They were talking about how the pads won't hold the torque

"Running 3s so had the need to run the metal pads on the slipper. The fiber pads fully locked up couldn't hold the power because of prepped track and traction compound."

Maybe this is your issue?

I found the problem! The gear on the top shaft in the transmission had broken and the shaft completely hollowed the gear. Pictures below. But what you're saying I'm looking for a metal clutch setup that would work with the ecx top shaft and spur gears. Trying to find a way to put the traxxas setup on mine.

Attachments

• 20180327_214703.jpg
    20180327_214703.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180327_214602.jpg
    20180327_214602.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 24
Wow you still had the plastic gears in with that motor, surprised it last 4 or 5 runs. Metal gears should fix the issue. If yo do get the traxxas system to work let us know

Wow you still had the plastic gears in with that motor, surprised it last 4 or 5 runs. Metal gears should fix the issue. If yo do get the traxxas system to work let us know

Will do! Thank you everyone for the help. The plastic gears held up for a while, the teeth themselves all look fine. Just stripped the holding point on the gear. Ill post pics if the newly installed gears when they arrive. Today im putting lights on the truck body.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back