ECX AMP MT Tires/offset

Austxhorn

Was looking to buy some Duratrax 2.8 tire/rim combo online. Anyone know if i should buy the ones with 1/2" offsets for all four?

Thanks. Broke the rear drive shaft and front suspension bulkhead while at the track, wondering if the bigger tires had something to do with it.

@Austxhorn wow:eek: must of landed pretty hard no? I'm not sure of the tires being a factor on that but maybe someone else can chime in for a better answer.. but still a nice truck bud :)

Ordered up 1 pair of Duratrax ST's no offsets(rear). Mt's had a bit sidewall roll still like them tho, but just wanted to see what the chrome look like. Plus they might be better for the track i go to.There about the same size as the stock tires. I know theres better tires out there, but these look pretty good.

Attachments

• 20160302_153034.jpg
    20160302_153034.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 20160302_152234.jpg
    20160302_152234.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 127
Im fairly new to rc so i can only compare to stock tires. With the MT's ,not so great at first, turns were slow and wide. Getting rid of the steering slop with the RPM servo saver eliminator made a big difference with the bigger wheels. Also added a 645 hitech servo. So much better than stock. The St's still need to order the second pair for the rear..

Are the six pack MT tires bigger and heavier than the stock tires? The pickets look like a closer match.

Also, did you change out the shocks and springs because you seem to be having a lot of ride height. Your Amp actually looks like a monster truck, not like a stadium truck with a pickup body.

In the top pic the shocks are the same stock ones just with stiffer traxxas springs.
And the MT tires are bigger 4.7"x2.6" as opposed to the pickets which are 4.0"x2.0" and closer to stock size.

Alright cool the stock ones are about 4.3", I'm still on the fence which I would put on though, heh

Which MTs did you get? DTXC3518 or DTXC3522

Im thinking of getting the six pack STs to keep the tighter steering... is it the DTXC3560 i should be looking at?

As far as the 2.8 MT's & ST's, the "FRONT"(3518) tires from what ive read there more for nitros so not fimiliar with whats needed (Adapter/bearing¿?).
You wanna get the "REAR"(3560/3522) for all four.Direct fit with the 12mm hex.
The 3522 have a 1/2" offset, further out from the body. So youll get a little more clearance from the fenders with the wider tires.
Overall prefer the ST's:D.

http://www.duratrax.com/tires/2-8st_specs_chart.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back