ECX Boost metal Drive Shafts?

Mattsse

Can someone point me to some metal driveshafts for the boost?

Thanks,

Matt

i_r_beej

Supporting Member
As far as I know they don't exist as a formal replacement part or upgrade. (Especially since the Boost is a discontinued/orphaned car) You'd need to hack together something using parts from other brands. I'd suggest looking at Associated B3 as that car is fairly similar to the Boost.

kruzracing169

Have you tried the B3 parts? I looked them up on associated website, does not seem to be right.

Someone has to have done the conversion on here.

This is like the only piece I have not upgraded on the boost.

i_r_beej

Supporting Member
No, I've not tried that. Honestly that was a pretty poor recommendation from me-- I apologize. I was thinking strictly metal. I've read about using Traxxas VXL driveshafts (just requires some cutting to make them shorter) and they seem to be an actual upgrade, if not a metal one.

If you wanted to give the the AE dogbone driveshafts a try you'd need the outdrives, driveshafts, and stub axles. Maybe hub carriers?

If you try it, let me know!

i_r_beej

Supporting Member
By the way, @kruzracing169 I'd love to see an update (photos) on all the mods you've done to the Boost!

kruzracing169

By the way, @kruzracing169 I'd love to see an update (photos) on all the mods you've done to the Boost!
I will. If I can figure out the rear driveshaft, then I can get the update fully complete. I am going to try the b4.2. I am currently freshening up the Torment and taking old upgraded parts and moving it over for the basher. I will be hoping to put this up for sale soon.

Ok, back on point. I will be on the mission of figuring out this metal driveshaft for boost.