ECX Ruckus and Torment 4x4's coming

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Looks like the V4 ECX Ruckus 4x4 and ECX Torment 4x4's have just been announced and are expected to be available in early June!

I really like the new paint jobs on both trucks!

X

Conspiracy of One
Staff member
Supporting Member
I've never understand the need for graphics on lids to look like a drunk person did it. That being said, these still look much better than the newer Traxxas lids.... o_O

Biz73

X, you have the exact same thoughts on rtr bodies as I do. I wish they would offer them with a clear body for those that prefer it. And yes, the Traxxas neon vomit bodies are the worst of them all.

That said, these look like fun trucks. It will be interesting to see what has changed. Fingers crossed that the servo saver has been changed;)

Moldorak

New tires, new motor, new bodies, nothing else I can find digging through the parts list. Not impressed.

Biz73

I just had a look at these again and they are priced at $199, that's $40 cheaper than the previous models. Nice deal for a 4x4.

xlDooM

I like the new look of the ruckus. I don't mind the flashy graphics on a basher.

Does anyone know how large the battery bay is on this chassis though? I assume it's unchanged from previous versions, but I'm not sure my 5000mAh batteries will fit, they are a bit too thick to fit under the Amp & Circuit battery plate.

X

Conspiracy of One
Staff member
Supporting Member
I like the new look of the ruckus. I don't mind the flashy graphics on a basher.

Does anyone know how large the battery bay is on this chassis though? I assume it's unchanged from previous versions, but I'm not sure my 5000mAh batteries will fit, they are a bit too thick to fit under the Amp & Circuit battery plate.
I doubt they changed the main chassis, since it has not been noted as a "feature" of the update anywhere. What battery are you using? I've used a couple 5000mAh + on our Amp and Circuit with no issue.

xlDooM

I use this one from turnigy, since my slimmer 4000mAh is for some reason very finicky to charge. Specs say it's 2.5cm and I had to file down the grey battery plate a fair amount to get it bendy enough to do up the twist knobs that lock it in place.