ECX Ruckus doesn't have much speed

KingRuckus

Hello guys I’m new to this site and I was wondering if there was something I did wrong I just bought a new ruckus 1/10 scale 2wd brushed all stock and I took it out of the box didn’t give a full charge but it was a good solid hour in a half and then I followed the quick start guide and I ran the truck and the truck didn’t have the speed and acceleration that was promised on the box if anyone could please help me thanks :)

Probably need a tad bit more information than that. There could be several different issues.
Can you confirm if it is a NiMh or LiPo pack? What are the specs?

What does the box promise? Did it move ok? Just wasn't fast? What are we talking about exactly?

It was a LiPo and what do you mean by specs the box promises it having instant acceleration and being able to hold wheelies and it was very slow it seemed like just under performance for the motor and it’s a 1/10 Ruckus 2WD Monster Truck Brushed with LiPo RTR, Silver/Blue

The reality of the situation is that that RC is entry level. 20-25 mph and some wheelies is about all I would expect, stock.

It can easily be made more fun, if you want to put the effort and money into it.

I meant the specs of the battery, maybe I wasn't specific enough, I do apologize.
To be totally honest I would be surprised to see A wheelie let alone many.
You could also check and make sure you are hitting full throttle, at full throttle a LED on the ESC should be lit.
play with the throttle trim on the controller.

Also I didn't realize there is a "Recall" on that very version.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/dyns2201_recall_notice_01112017.pdf

An hour and a half on a Lipo in storage mode sounds like the lvc might not have been active and you might have over discharged the battery. Did the truck suddenly slow down while you were driving and you kept on going? Lvc is low voltage cutoff, when a Lipo goes below a set voltage per cell, usually 3.2 to 3.4, you need to stop.
And you won't notice to much of a difference in a Lipo from storage mode to full charge. So how it was when you first ran it is pretty much how it is. A Lipo in storage mode (new in a box) is about 3.8v per cell, so 7.6v on a 2s. Fully charged is 4.2v, on a good battery and charger, so 8.4v. So from 7.6 to 8.4v, not a big difference. Noticeable, but nothing major.

The reality of the situation is that that RC is entry level. 20-25 mph and some wheelies is about all I would expect, stock.

It can easily be made more fun, if you want to put the effort and money into it.

What would you suggest that I would do to make this faster?

What would you suggest that I would do to make this faster?

I have a Ruckus 2wd, was the older brushed nimh version.

I threw in a racerstar motor+esc I got on ebay for $35. Now it does wheelies all day and has had no issues. These were cheap trucks but honestly they hold up good to some power. Mines like a 2600kv on 3s. Not insanely fast but about as fast as I'd want on this truck. That's with a 17t pinion.

Hello guys I’m new to this site and I was wondering if there was something I did wrong I just bought a new ruckus 1/10 scale 2wd brushed all stock and I took it out of the box didn’t give a full charge but it was a good solid hour in a half and then I followed the quick start guide and I ran the truck and the truck didn’t have the speed and acceleration that was promised on the box if anyone could please help me thanks :)
I bought the same one and it was slow. That motor is slow. It is a entry level truck. I bought the tazer 4000kv brushless motor and esc combo and it lives well. Its crazy fast. You will have to run a 5000 mah 30c 2s lipo. The 1800 mah that it comes with is not powerful enough for this set up. The brushed truck does not have a metal gear diff. That part is 30bucks. But if you go with this set up and dont go any bigger than a 2s lipo that stock diff will live for a while.

Have you checked the slipper to make sure it’s not too loose? I’ll agree with others who say expect 20-25 mph on 2s lipo. That’s about what mine ran, box stock.

A mild brushless setup does a good job bringing it to life. A big brushless setup gives you extra projects.

You said it is a LiPo battery and you charged it for an hour and a half? A typical lipo goes from dead to full charge in an hour at 4-6 amps. Now the stock Nimh batteries do take hours to charge with the stock chargers.

If the problems persist, please post a video of it running and maybe a pic under the hood.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back