ECX Screw Kits from KNK Hardware

SS is okay but the metal is actually kind of soft-- it's why cutlery with SS blades need constant sharpening. I prefer black oxide fasteners-- harder material means you're less likely to warp or round out the hex fittings. The oxide coating makes the hardware less susceptible to rust but not rust-proof like SS.

By and large though, SS fastener kits with hex fittings will be a huge improvement over typical stock fasteners in most ECX cars.

SS is okay but the metal is actually kind of soft-- it's why cutlery with SS blades need constant sharpening. I prefer black oxide fasteners-- harder material means you're less likely to warp or round out the hex fittings. The oxide coating makes the hardware less susceptible to rust but not rust-proof like SS.

By and large though, SS fastener kits with hex fittings will be a huge improvement over typical stock fasteners in most ECX cars.
I bought a dynamite SS screw kit a few years ago and changed out the screws in my ruckus and circuit. I agree that the SS metal is softer and you have to be careful when using an Electric screwdriver, or to not over tighten with a hex driver.

I found that I too like the black oxide screws better. I recently stocked up on black oxide screws by buying in bulk. I bought bags of 50 each of the screws that I use the most for $4-5 each.

What I have done is changed out all the M3 self tapping screws to M3 black steel Allen button head and flathead machine screws. Much better then the philips head screws. The fine thread holds better and handles vibration much better.

DIN7991_M8x35_-_Hero_Blk_250x@2x.jpeg

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back