ECX Temper build

nate94gt

I picked up an ECX temper. So far ive installed axial ripsaw wheels/tires, boom racing 14mm wheel wideners, ive turned the motor and battery tray around and moved the esc to the bottom to try to distribute the weight more evenly and lower the CoG. I picked up a tazer 280 motor, but currently struggling to get the pinion gear on correctly, it keeps sliding off :(

Great crawler, it can crawl w/ the best of them, that's for sure

Sounds like you've done some nice work to that ECX Temper! Got any pictures you can share?

For the pinion gear you could try using just a little blue loctite to keep the set screw in place.

Sure do. This is when it was new. I'd take a pic now but it's tore apart lol.

Fcjig8H.jpg

I can't get the set screw tight enough because the cheap hex tool they gave me strips out too easily. It's smaller than 1.5mm so I don't know what to do :(

What brand pinion are you using? If it's Robinson Racing, then the set screw is 1/16". (Maybe other brands also use SAE sized set screws.)

What brand pinion are you using? If it's Robinson Racing, then the set screw is 1/16". (Maybe other brands also use SAE sized set screws.)
I believe they're losi, but a 1/16 hex tool is still too big, its about half the size of that.

Latest posts

Members online

Back